News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

How much for that # plate sir?

Started by skimp, April 17, 2002, 09:03:16 PM

skimp

After a few months of listening to a "Wheener" wheen about buying number plates, I will reply to a "wheeners" dislike for working class people. I have heard snide remarks and read childish complaints about rich people buying number plates, and at one point stealing a number plate. Even a Wheener should eventually figure out that something bought is not stolen. Being from a dirt poor family, and watching (Wheeners) fair sumptuously every day as I grew up, I want to put this whining in perpective. I started working at age 14, didn't make it through high school, and was looked down on by wheeners because we were poor. I don't want to dwell on my poverty but niether will I let some whining spoiled brat tread on 30 years of busting my butt every day to raise 2 kids as a single parent, kids that would get slapped under the couch today for "wheening" because they sat on their laurels while someone else worked to do things they enjoy. For 25 years I wanted to race and couldn't afford to. Well, at age 40, the kids are grown, most of the bills are payed, and Dads going racing. I still work my butt off every day so I can have a little fun, and I have never whined because someone else tried harder than myself. Those who are getting to race while they are still young enough to be good at it should count their blessings and leave old men who's racing days are numbered to do their best. Hundreds of racers and a couple of whiners, or (Wheeners,) trying to cause strife with everyone. Seems like Wheeners are blessed with bugle mouths. As for being called a sphinter worm (A-Hole) because I stole his number plate, I wouldn't consider someone a thief if they beat me by 2,423 points. It was more like a give away. If I had just wanted the #1 plate, I could have saved a lot of money and just raced enough to win but I would have missed all the fun. Notice the word FUN Wheener. Racing is fun for the rest of us. You act like you almost won the region or something. 2400 points is not close. I will now make a point about money and riding skills. If I was offered a thousand dollars to shave 3 seconds off my best lap time, I would turn it down, or crash. It's real simple, money does not buy speed and you can't buy a championship with entry fees. I am not a fast rider. You act like you've been raped by a squirrell or something. Mid-Atlantic class points: I was 2nd in GT Lights, 2nd in GTO, 2nd in HW Superbike, 2nd in LW GP, 1st in F-40, 3rd in GTU, 3rd in LW Superbike, 3rd in MW Superbike, 3rd in MW Sportsman, 4th in Supertwins, 4th in Supersigles, 4th in LW Superbike, and 5th in HW Sportsman. In SE Region: 1st in F-40, 1st in MW Sportsman, 1st in GT Lights, 2nd in GTU, 2nd in Supertwins, 2nd in LW GP, 2nd in MW Superbike, 3rd in MW GP, 3rd in GTO, 3rd in HW Sportsman, 4th in HW Superbike, 4th in LW Superbike. If you can buy speed how much would I have had to spend to win all those classes Wheener? There must be an amount in your mind. How much? How much would it cost for me to ride as fast as Hayden or Bostrom? I could do no better If I had spent a million dollars. I rode as good as I could ride, I finished the best I could. Use your head Wheener, think before you say something dumb.

Litespeed

Pardon my ignorance, but what the hell are you talking about?

Papa_Thiam

I think it would be cool if people who bitch online about other people did so under their real name. Just my opinion.

Garth

Wiener or whiner.  What the hell is Wheener?  ::)

MudDawg

Hmmm...I'm thinking this is addressed to me.  Yup....ya still bought the plate.  I'd say that to your face.  I asked you point blank if you were going after the #1 plate in the mid atlantic region.  You looked me in the eye and lied to me.  Shame on me for believing you.

And beating me by 2400 points.....by doing 15 races a weekend...to my normal 5...isn't a challenge.  Especially where up until the midpoint in the year I was leading the region....and you...with just those 5 classes.  Three of which I won....2 I got second....in my region.  In fact...I won a couple in YOUR region....one right out from under you in the last race of the season on a borrowed bike.  And ya know what....I didn't run your whole season.

And just to underline my first comment.  Driving a BMW 650 up to Summit...and running around 15 races in last place on a double points weekend....pretty much means you bought the plate.  I believe I lapped you 2 or 3 times in one race.  That weekend you earned what....1800 points or so?  To my 1000?  Nevermind the other 13 race weekends where you ran twice as many races as I did.

LAG

Umm, excuse me, do you realize how stupid and idiodic you just made yourself look?  

Marc Gifford

Litespeed

I'm sorry LAG, I will try not to do it again  ;D.

MudDawg

I'm truely hoping Laura is talking about McKinney and not me.  DOH!   ;D

ysr612

I agree with Papa as if you are going to cut someone you should ID yourself but in this case he did on his name tag.

LAG

I'm talking about the so-called racer who started this thread.  I have no respect for anyone who talks about other racers like that, especially Keener!!!...this isn't the pros, ya'll.

LAG

Chris Onwiler

Money bought a #1 plate?  Who's really the whiner here?  There is a grand tradition of $$$ ruling racing.  From Porsche literally killing the Can-Am with it's 917 racecar, to Ford outspending Ferrari to win the World Championship in 1967, spending has always been a traditional part of winning.  I don't like this either, but a man has to face reality.  I race an FZR in a class dominated by SV Suzukis.  I wish I could have an SV, but I race what I can afford.  I built a 560 motor, and things started to look up for me.  Then a competitor bought an SV that passes R6's in a straight line!  Drat!  Outmoneyed again.  I know it sucks, but it has happened to me, my dad back in the day, and a million other guys since racing began.  You don't have to like it.  I sure don't.  But you DO have to accept that it can and will happen.  God knows that if I hit the lotto, I'd show up at Blackhawk with the Team Muzzy rig and Freddy Spencer as a coach, and I'd laugh and celebrate if I spent enough to walk away.  Would anyone else do differently?
Chris