News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Riding on water

Started by resurection, October 20, 2007, 10:24:43 PM

Scotty Ryan

So I ordered tires today for the 250f....Ferdette tires - But it sounds like i'm about the 40th person or so on the list.... Hopefully I'll have them next month  :cheers:
"MMMM - Fork Oil For Breakfast"

61 or 61 X - Which will it be??

plasticweld

I ride on the ice, I have a YZ 250 set up with ice screws, it works well enough, not as good as it would with the cold cutter tire set up but that is racing in a nut shell if you want to go faster all you  have to do is spend more money. Last year we set up a road coarse on the Ice it was great practice for throttle control plus it was good to just get back on the bike again
EmpireGP.com
Sport Bike Plastic Welding, Custom Painting Tank Repair
Ride Hard Take Chances    We Need the Work!

CCS WERA #865

resurection

Quote from: plasticweld on November 08, 2007, 03:27:37 PM
I ride on the ice, I have a YZ 250 set up with ice screws, it works well enough, not as good as it would with the cold cutter tire set up but that is racing in a nut shell if you want to go faster all you  have to do is spend more money. Last year we set up a road coarse on the Ice it was great practice for throttle control plus it was good to just get back on the bike again
Where? we'll be there.

plasticweld

There are two places by me, both are run by guys who race and are pretty serious about racing on the ice, they gave me tons of pointers on riding, There is a lake just out side of Corning NY and one just out side Odessa NY called Little Lake, that is where I ride, they build a couple of tracks and there is constant maintance in the form of plowing so it gets pretty fast, There is a series here and most of the guys are there on Saturday or Sunday depending on the race shedule. The first time I showed up I was able to borrow a bike, I really rode 4 or 5 different bikes that afternoon, if you show up with gear someone is sure to let you take their bike for  spin, I know I trade off bikes and let guys ride mine all of the time, it is almost impossible to really wreck one there  as there is nothing to hit short of getting run over by a high speed bike with steel spikes spinning a hundred miles an hour it is pretty safe..Send me a PM when it gets cold I am either riding the snowmobile or racing on the ice, if is too warm I will just be sulking
EmpireGP.com

CCS WERA #865

resurection

There's an event on lake Cohsakonk near LakeGeneva WI.
I think it may be left handed though.
Do your people travel that far from New york?

plasticweld

I am sure that they do all there riding in D4 AMA district from the plates which is just western NY. they would have to do the nationals to go that far
EmpireGP.com

CCS WERA #865