News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Riding on water

Started by resurection, October 20, 2007, 10:24:43 PM

resurection

Lets talk ice riding (I say riding because racing is to expensive,just ask my wife).
Any way I'm building a XL650L .Cam,smooth bore,pipe and some gear ratio.
Maybe 45hp and a diet for the bike and myself.

Do you ride on the water in the winter ?

Scotty Ryan

I plan on it this winter - Super Dave or Paul V are the guys you need to talk to....Tommy Mason is another avid Ice guy - but stay away from that Edgar Dorn character.... Wow - Daytona's over - now it needs to snow already!!!!!
"MMMM - Fork Oil For Breakfast"

61 or 61 X - Which will it be??

resurection

barb_arah

I love it that someone referred to as Resurrection started this thread.  Walking on water has already been done, so why not riding on water?
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.

Super Dave

Quote from: SCOTTY727 on October 22, 2007, 02:48:43 PM
I plan on it this winter - Super Dave or Paul V are the guys you need to talk to....Tommy Mason is another avid Ice guy - but stay away from that Edgar Dorn character.... Wow - Daytona's over - now it needs to snow already!!!!!

Yeah, baby!

Shane and I are thinking that we might be riding on the ice in 60 days! 
Super Dave

resurection

Quote from: barb_arah on October 23, 2007, 06:39:04 PM
I love it that someone referred to as Resurrection started this thread.  Walking on water has already been done, so why not riding on water?
Yes my dear and on the third day he rode.
AT resurrection we take bikes from dead to turn you head.

barb_arah

That is pretty good!  It's a miracle!
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.

PaulV

There is usually a few places to ride west of Milwaukee, Wi.  Can't really be sure until we get ice and someone plows a coarse...:)

Stay tuned.

Paul
Polar-Optics LLC
MW Ex 79
See Better, Ride Safer!

resurection

I was fortunit to find R model carb for L model XR650 'It fits right on. :ahhh:
I modified cables .
Removed air box ,moved battery there and mounted Supertrapp pipe.
I'm sure centralizing battery wt.and removing heavy stock muffler
along with HRC cam grind from HOT CAMS

Should provide good ice pick propulsion . :rollseyes:

J Farrell / Speed Tech Motorsp

Would anyone be interested in trying out some race slicks with snowmobile studs in them? I'm thinking of making them for a race bike of mine. For real now no joke!
Speed Tech Motorsports / Pirelli / Arai / Silkolene / Kawasaki USA / Farrell Sign & Graphics / Hindle / US Chrome Cylinder Plating / Vortex / Dynojet / Tucker Rocky / Penske / VP Fuels / Woodcraft / Attack Racing Bodies / Stompgrip / EBC / NESBA / Plus my kick ass guys back at the shop

resurection

Have yous tried just screwing in studs to new knobby tires .
I'm wondering if it's adequate?

PaulV

Quote from: J Farrell / Speed Tech Motorsp on October 30, 2007, 08:49:38 PM
Would anyone be interested in trying out some race slicks with snowmobile studs in them? I'm thinking of making them for a race bike of mine. For real now no joke!
Hey Jason,

back in the day...we played with that a bit and just a couple of seasons back we tried the build your own with screws in knobbies...
Both worked ok for cruising around on the ice....until someone on a set of Freddettes or Stewies comes flying by like they are on rails..:)
My experience is that it can be done..but much faster and easier to just buy...

Paul
Polar-Optics LLC
MW Ex 79
See Better, Ride Safer!