News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

G1 Sv Won't stay Running.

Started by EM JAY, September 11, 2007, 12:28:25 PM

benprobst

Quote from: EX_#76 on September 12, 2007, 01:12:47 PM
Well then one good turn deserves another.  Technically I beat you the last 8 times we raced LOL!!!

On the serious side, how do you determine where to accurately place the #3 mark?

Guy

yup, youve had my number at Blackhawk in the past. You should try running other tracks sometime. :kicknuts:  :biggrin:  :blahblah: haha, ive got pics and numbers of where to place the three mark, its real simple. everything else stays the same, still 16 pins between marks etc.... To be honest I think for racing applications the timing could be a little better. We are getting a little more overlap at sustained high RPM then we would like, but the things work so damn good everywhere else its not worth messing with. You should look into it, its actually marginally hotter than the yosh cams, the 03 intake is identical to the yosh intake and the 99 intake is slight hotter (not sure lift or duration or both) than the yosh exhaust. It has worked well for us.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

EX_#76

Quote from: EM JAY on September 12, 2007, 01:31:58 PM
The method was actually off another forum maybe Svrider.com I think....  Went thru the entire step by step method, pictures too (that was a good thing) on how the lobs and everything should look.   Well, it looked easy for me cuz I just watched....

I didn't see the post on SVrider, if you find it, please post a link
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

EM JAY

I'm not telling you nothin till my bike is running again   :ass:   :biggrin:
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

resurection

Quote from: EX_#76 on September 12, 2007, 01:12:47 PM
Well then one good turn deserves another.  Technically I beat you the last 8 times we raced LOL!!!

On the serious side, how do you determine where to accurately place the #3 mark?

Guy

Let the numbers go ,set cams like manual drawing, count chain .
Front lines up ,check Clarance if it's good you got it right

resurection

Em thanks for the kind words please call if we can help.

EM JAY

Quote from: resurrection on September 13, 2007, 12:12:12 AM
Em thanks for the kind words please call if we can help.
No problem!  You guys helped me a ton!

I talked to Nick tonight, he was kinda busy tho.... said not much he could do over the phone but suggested maybe the (damn forgot what he called it now) jet thats inside the bowl.  Dunno.   Looks like I may be taking a trip to Valley tomorrow....
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest

SV88

Quote from: benprobst on September 12, 2007, 10:02:49 PM
yup, youve had my number at Blackhawk in the past. You should try running other tracks sometime. :kicknuts:  :biggrin:  :blahblah: haha, ive got pics and numbers of where to place the three mark, its real simple. everything else stays the same, still 16 pins between marks etc.... To be honest I think for racing applications the timing could be a little better. We are getting a little more overlap at sustained high RPM then we would like, but the things work so damn good everywhere else its not worth messing with. You should look into it, its actually marginally hotter than the yosh cams, the 03 intake is identical to the yosh intake and the 99 intake is slight hotter (not sure lift or duration or both) than the yosh exhaust. It has worked well for us.

Yeah Guy is pretty fast @ BHF but other tracks.... I was following him @ RA when Shaeffer went down hard in front of both of us after T6 - Guy freaked a bit which enabled me to pass him.  He passed me back on the front straight and then I got him back when he forgot to brake and or turn for T5.  These experts aren't that fast except on the straight where the Bartz ram air takes over!!

In all fairness, Guy was a little freaked that weekend but he looked great in the rain @ BHF last weekend.  I got a great view after cutting a couple of 1:30s in the rain and losing it exiting T6.
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

EM JAY

Your not allowed to post anything unless you add something to help trouble shoot my bike. 
:blahblah:

:spank:
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest

EX_#76

Quote from: SV88 on September 13, 2007, 11:38:18 AM
Yeah Guy is pretty fast @ BHF but other tracks.... I was following him @ RA when Shaeffer went down hard in front of both of us after T6 - Guy freaked a bit which enabled me to pass him.  He passed me back on the front straight and then I got him back when he forgot to brake and or turn for T5.  These experts aren't that fast except on the straight where the Bartz ram air takes over!!

In all fairness, Guy was a little freaked that weekend but he looked great in the rain @ BHF last weekend.  I got a great view after cutting a couple of 1:30s in the rain and losing it exiting T6.

Other tracks....  Freaked out?   :wtf: I was avoiding running a fellow competitor over who was tumbling in front of me.  :ahhh: :ahhh:  The fact that you caught me must mean that you are the metric for sucking.  :lmao:  Do you remember me telling you that my front end was chattering so hard I couldn't see?  kinda hard to go fast without any corner speed.   :banghead:  I don't remember telling you how much you sucked when I was lapping your ass in a sprint race.  Weren't you were coming to me seeking advice on how you could get faster?   :finger: :finger:

Well, I feel better now :thumb:
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

SV88

Wow I didn't realize that you'd react that way to a little gentle ribbing.  No intention of offending but clearly I did, so I'm apoligizing.

I guess humor is best left off of forums....
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

dylanfan53

Guy,
PM me you e-mail address and I'll send some notes that I scarfed off the SV racers list.  It's probably stuff you already know but maybe there's something you'll find interesting.
Don Cook
CCS #53

resurection

EM
Nick must have meant low speed jets ,if the bike sat for some time they may be clogged .
I can set you straight on that, 1hr job call @7082693102 for appointment