News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Your wife/girlfriend question

Started by 23sLady, September 07, 2007, 09:20:33 AM

23sLady

Random question here but I figured I would ask. I have yet to get the privilege to meet everyone but I was curious if your significant other does track days? I know most of you guys race Saturday and Sunday, and sometimes there is a trackday the Friday before. Is that correct? Is it just for racers or can anyone do the track day? I was hoping maybe you guys could talk your other half into doing a track day.  :thumb: I just think it would be awesome to share the experience.  :err: Plus it would be pretty nice for me to have a track buddy.  :boink:

SV88

In my case it wouldn't work - my wife is not exactly supportive feeling that the money blow on racing should be spent on buying nicer furniture.  But in answer to your question, you would have to get a race license -$150, 1 day with learning curves for eg.  The racer practice (test & tune) days typically require a license.  If it's a straight track day - have at it.
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

23sLady

oh ok. gotcha. Well in that case I'll leave that test and tune day to you guys  :cheers: I'll just do track days around the race schedule so I can help him in the pits on race day.

Hey, my first post sounded good in my head. hehe  :err:

truckstop

I think it's awesome that you want to do the test and tune days to ride together. If you're a competent track rider, and get your license, go ahead and do the test and tune days. Part of my reason for getting a license was knowing that I wouldn't be able to spend a whole weekend at the track and not ride. Turns out the racing part is actually a lot of fun.

The licensing clinic is a breeze if you've done other trackdays, and you'll probably get a better understanding of everything going on and details of the day in the classroom instruction.

Who knows, maybe you'll end up entering a race here or there as well?

HAWK

My original reason for getting a license was to be able to do the Test and Tune days. Turns out racing is just too much fun.
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

tlc

I'm new around here and new to the track scene.  Still working on a bike to use for track days.  Who knows what will develop from there, but.............I don't want my hubby on the track with me.  He scares me on the street, I can't imagine what it would be like on a track.  And I sure don't want him working on the bike if anything goes wrong.  Probably the way most guys feel about their wives.

funsizeracing

Where to begin..... I'm gonna have to get back to this one when I'm not at work.
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

tstruyk

Quote from: funsizeracing on September 07, 2007, 03:26:00 PM
Where to begin..... I'm gonna have to get back to this one when I'm not at work.

:spank: :spank:  :lmao:

cant wait to read this one...
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Noidly1

By all means, have at it. :thumb:
Track days are a great way for one to brush up on their riding skills and to learn what their bike does and , hopefully not, what it doesn't do and what effect your input has on the bike.

When you feel comfortable doing track days you can bump it up a notch and take a licencing clinic.
After that , if you pass, you can apply for and get a racing licence. However, Just because you now have a licence, it would be a good idea to just do the test and tunes for a while till you get comfortable at speed. After that, Have at it.

Good Luck n Happy Knee Draggin... :cheers:
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

Court Jester

I never keep anybody long enough to bring them to the track more than a time or two. If by chance i do keep someone around more than a month or two, the track is a perfect way to get away from them.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

Noidly1

Quote from: Court Jester on September 07, 2007, 04:34:17 PM
I never keep anybody long enough to bring them to the track more than a time or two. If by chance i do keep someone around more than a month or two, the track is a perfect way to get away from them.

It's no wonder you can't keep 'em around when you keep ridin away... :biggrin:

BTW ladies;
If You want you man to do the chores,
Your gonna have to jump on a bike and chase him back into the pits... :lmao:
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

23sLady

Quote from: funsizeracing on September 07, 2007, 03:26:00 PM
I hope I didn't offend you by my post. I am not too great with words sometimes :)

I have done 2 track days and it's a blast. I'm no where NEAR as fast as the others. I don't want to race any time soon. Maybe later on down the road. But right now I'm happy just being on the track and away from the streets. Last year I rode Deal's Gap and I had a blast. I got a little over my head and the front end tucked. Away I went and down the mountain to hit a tree then later on to have the bike come down on top of me.  You see, that made me realize that the track was a safer place to be instead of being a squid and riding above my head on the streets. There are no trees on the track...well not really :)

I look up to you guys and gals. You both have balls. (Can I say that? hehe) I'll get there eventually. I'm just trying to build my confidence back up. So doing track days here and there is helping me. My boyfriend loved the fact that I wanted to do a track day. He loved it so much that he even signed up with me and he went above and beyond to help me out when I was out there on the track. We did Summit Main together this past Wednesday and it was the best time of my life. Not only because I was back out on the track after my crash but because I had him there with me. So that's all I was asking. Just to maybe find another female or male out there to do the track days with before the races. But now I see it's test and tune sorta thing.

Anyway, rambling again. Gotta hit the road. Headed back to Summit for this weekends races. Good luck to everyone out there :)