News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Your wife/girlfriend question

Started by 23sLady, September 07, 2007, 09:20:33 AM

Burt Munro

Quote from: truckstop on September 11, 2007, 12:58:42 PM
*This* is the thread that brings you out of lurking?? :P
Remember we did have to go through a period of time of space and not talking and not liking eachother much before we could work out the being friends part again, which helps with the part where we all have to get along and hang out together... and being able to do that speaks volumes about both you and X as people.

Not everyone can get along with their spouse at the track though. The stress level and concentration some need is something that the S.O. can't deal with. Plenty of couples are better off if the spouse stays home. I don't think that's the case here.

Come back tomorrow for another episode of 'As the Wheel Turns.'  :wah:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

truckstop

We're already working on trying to get on the Jerry Springer show. :D

mastermind

Quote from: truckstop on September 11, 2007, 12:58:42 PM
*This* is the thread that brings you out of lurking?? :P

Heh.... yea... I thought that was kind of funny too.

I've been lurking here mostly just because, well, I'm not a racer... just a track-day junkie... but I am racer-curious....    :D

I may just stop down to Blackhawk this Sunday to check out the happenings.....

t

23sLady

Thanks for all the tips and advice. I have a ways to go before I pick up racing. Plus we can only afford for one of us to race and I will never stand in the way of his dreams. I don't know how far racing with CCS will take him but wherever he goes, I'm behind him 100%. Because I am so supportive, I think that's the main reason we are able to be a great pair at the track. If you ever see us in the pits you would think were were school kids with puppy love. A lot of you guys give us shit for that!!! But I look around and there aren't many other wives/girlfriends there. He tells me all the time how great it is to have me there. So it works out perfect. But what he doesn't know is that I'm watching and taking notes. That way I can pass him on the inside while smacking him on the ass one day.  ;)

He's going to smack ME on the ass when he reads this I bet. haha :)

Thanks again everyone.