News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Aug 25 - 26 - MARRC Shenandoah Roll Call

Started by castle228, August 14, 2007, 03:57:01 PM

fightinflames

hey chris yeah it's official i'm not going to be able to make it out that weekend i'm trying to come out saturday before i head up north to work a corner but control is out for me for the weekend since i won't be able to be there both days sorry i couldn't help you out.  hey simon gimmie a call on my cell (540) 295-8497 about the last wera weekend.

allen

castle228

Okay Mike, you are control, sir.  :spank:

There are other alternatives, but I really do appreciate you steppin' up. You ARE the man.  :cheers:

Allen, no worries. Congrats with the new job.

Simon and Kumi, don't give up your day jobs to pursue stand-up comedy.  :biggrin:

Chris Astle
CCS MA AM #458
MARRC Cornerworker 
www.marrc.org

Simon

Quote from: TheHiriser on August 15, 2007, 09:01:00 PM
Terry will probably want to kill me for saying this but I'll do Control if no one else is available.  As much as I hate Control, I'd hate more to think of the alternatives. 
I wouldn't worry about Terry...he hates doing control as much as you do!

Damn...I got my first Smite!
MARRC Cornerworker
CCS AM 48
Always in the gravel, one way or another!
www.marrc.org

TheHiriser

Quote from: Simon on August 16, 2007, 07:24:43 AM
I wouldn't worry about Terry...he hates doing control as much as you do!

More worried about me telling him I didn't want to do it last time he asked me, lol.

Kuala76

Quote from: Simon on August 16, 2007, 07:24:43 AM

LOL it's the company you keep Simon... but it's a good opportunity to use this little guy -  :finger: - whom I don't get to use very often  :biggrin:
Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker of the Year 2008
MARRC Vice President 2012
MARRC President 2013

Kuala76

I think I should be trained in control...my quiet, calm, cool and collected self would probably work out well  :ahhh: :ahhh: :lmao: :lmao:

~Okay Astle...I know, here's another proof positive that I shouldn't quit my day job  :biggrin:
Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker of the Year 2008
MARRC Vice President 2012
MARRC President 2013

TheHiriser

I think everyone should be trained in Control.   You can't get as excited up there when you can't see what is going on.  Probably why you are positioned at Main facing the straight and basically the same at Shenny. 

fightinflames

i agree mike i think everyone should spend at least a day up there. it would really help to explain alot of what goes on behind the scenes to people who just don't know. and i think it would help new and experienced corner workers to get another look at why we ask them to make calls the way we do and why we don't always hear them. i wouldn't want to push control on anyone because it's just not the thing for everyone but i would be willing to have anyone come and sit up there on a weekend I'm in control  especially on  a wera weekend when you have 4 radios to answer at one time.

Allen

TheHiriser

The only thing I dislike is the mental aspect.  :wah:  I have to think too much for work as it is so on race weekends I'd rather have to make those quick decisions on whether to pick up a bike or call for a stoppage.  Not the constantly thinking aspect of being in Control.  :whine:  But a few times a year won't kill me and also keep me sharp for when we have no one else to do it.  :thumb:

When we get our membership back up to where it use to be we can afford to throw some people on control to watch sort of along the lines of what Roger was trying to accomplish during the endurance with a roving crew to relieve people.  Sit up there for a couple of races and then back to your corner.  :lmao:

TheHiriser

Chris, as it gets closer I'll be looking at the weather and if the weekend isn't too crappy I'll be camping from Friday night on.  If they are calling for light showers I'll probably just sleep in the van.  If it is all good in the tent.  If you need me to do anything to the radios or prep anything else let me know.

fightinflames

hey chris i'll be coming in friday night as well  and will be working on saturday so if you need anyhelp bringing suff over let  me know  and i'll leave town a little sooner all depends what time your getting up there.
Allen

castle228

I won't be able to make it to the track until Saturday morning. Can one of you get the radios and other misc. control equipment brought over?

And I think Terry said he'll be there Friday evening to bring equipment over.

Thanks for the help guys...and I'll be sending out assignments tomorrow. Just got back into town from a short vacation in FL.
Chris Astle
CCS MA AM #458
MARRC Cornerworker 
www.marrc.org