News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Gateway...

Started by wolf44, June 24, 2007, 09:16:53 PM

SnacktimeKC

Quote from: benprobst on June 25, 2007, 11:59:55 PM
the older gentleman with cafe racer

There's a few of us that fit that description...

My weekend was ok, had 3rd wrapped up in GTU until I blew T1 ...twice. Got 6th in GP but they had me last and pretty much sat out the rain races. Then went to HPT to teach with Dave. Gateway to HPT, man, what a difference!
Props to Myers! (it's about time a StL guy stepped up) OH SNAP! -Snack

r1owner

Quote from: SnacktimeKC on June 26, 2007, 08:51:57 AM
There's a few of us that fit that description...

My weekend was ok, had 3rd wrapped up in GTU until I blew T1 ...twice. Got 6th in GP but they had me last and pretty much sat out the rain races. Then went to HPT to teach with Dave. Gateway to HPT, man, what a difference!

Heh.... After our little chat, I also blew turn 1!  I wasn't sure where the hell to go, so for good measure, I did a 360 coming out of NASCAR 2!

Nice running with you again John and it was cool to see your Mom out there.

Here is a link to the MWSB race on board I got.

benprobst

Quote from: Greg_Williams on June 26, 2007, 05:58:46 AM
Hi Ben,

I didn't get spooked, I've been doing this long enough that I'm quite comfortable with close racing and don't worry too much about contact.  I found out a long time ago that if you stay relaxed that the bikes can show remarkable stability in contact situations (providing that you don't catch a brake lever!).  When you came by on the outside you or your bike snagged something on my bike which stood it up and pulled it into you.  My body then got tangled up in your rear wheel.

I am disappointed that you are attributing our crash to me getting spooked.  Racing a 20 year old single in a lightweight class I know that I'm going to be passed so it's no surprise when it happens.  I was focused on setting up to pass the SV in front of me and didn't even know that you were there until the bike got pulled upright.

I'd be happy to talk with you.  Give me a call at 816-225-8300.

I attribute our crash to me making a mistake and passing a slow rider to closely. However, I felt that as soon as we touched you decided you were going to crash instead of just turning the bike into the corner in wich case we both would have made it. Though it sounds like maybe some other stuff happened that got you pulled down under me and caught up on my bike. So again im sorry and ill be sure to go up the inside of you next time.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

Burt Munro

Ben,

I know both you and Greg.
You might be best to just let this one drop and chalk it up to experience and not leave so little room for anyones error next time.  The way you word your replies is just digging yourself a deeper hole.

Good luck at Road Atlanta!

Rick
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

tstruyk

Quoteso i went around the outside and I kinda spooked him

:ahhh:

Ben I think your crash is more likey related to you trying to pass on the outside of 1.  The nature of the turn forces everything wide.   Then contact, and you know the rest.  I'd never try to go outside in 1... I go inside all day long if I have a wheel.

Also if your WAY out in front why not wait for T2... with your motor a 1 sec delay would have net you a clean pass and put a lapper in between you and whoever through the infield.
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

r1owner

I doubt he even saw Ben.  Wouldn't he be looking up the track inside the turn?  I guess if the Hooters chicks were standing outside the turn I could see it happening...

r1owner

Quote from: benprobst on June 26, 2007, 09:22:57 AM
ill be sure to go up the inside of you next time.

Quote from: Burt Munro on June 26, 2007, 10:27:30 AM
The way you word your replies is just digging yourself a deeper hole.

You two are disgusting!

tstruyk

Quote from: SnacktimeKC on June 26, 2007, 08:51:57 AM

well I would have been able to step up last year and beat ya... but for some reason you werent on my grid???

:ass:

CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

Speedballer347

Quote from: tstruyk on June 26, 2007, 10:29:06 AM
Ben I think your crash is more likey related to you trying to pass on the outside of 1.  The nature of the turn forces everything wide.   Then contact, and you know the rest.  I'd never try to go outside in 1... I go inside all day long if I have a wheel.

I only pass on the outside of 1, never on the inside.  I think it's much safer.  Getting pinched into the inner-wall in 1 worries me.
(In fact, I never pass on the inside in any corner.  Too worried about someone turning it in, in front of me, early.  Happened once and put me in the hospital, now I'm paranoid about it happening again)
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

tstruyk

key phrase... if I have a wheel. 

everything moves away from the wall at speed.  you go outside and the the guy changes his line, runs it wide or even worse... decides he cant make the turn and takes Nascar T1... where's that put you?  In the hospital.

If I have a wheel I know I can hold my line in 1...at the speeds we carry into one its hard to think someone could dive bomb you there... 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8... yeah I can see your hesitation, but again, if you have a wheel its no problem. 

besides, you just wait till the straight and twist your wrist to pass...  :biggrin:
CCS GP/ASRA  #85

Super_KC124

Quote from: Burt Munro on June 26, 2007, 10:27:30 AM
Ben,

I know both you and Greg.
You might be best to just let this one drop and chalk it up to experience and not leave so little room for anyones error next time.  The way you word your replies is just digging yourself a deeper hole.

Good luck at Road Atlanta!

Rick

Give him a break. He's only an amateur.

Speedballer347

Quote from: tstruyk on June 26, 2007, 11:35:39 AM
If I have a wheel I know I can hold my line in 1...at the speeds we carry into one its hard to think someone could dive bomb you there... 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8... yeah I can see your hesitation, but again, if you have a wheel its no problem. 

I know...I'm just gunshy.
I haven't made an inside pass on a fast-guy since mid-2002.

Quote from: tstruyk on June 26, 2007, 11:35:39 AM
besides, you just wait till the straight and twist your wrist to pass...  :biggrin:
Didn't I see you riding around Friday with a Yellow plate???   :boink:
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing