News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Gateway...

Started by wolf44, June 24, 2007, 09:16:53 PM

funsizeracing

Quote from: benprobst on June 25, 2007, 06:38:17 PM

????? Becca was going fast, but I dont think she was passing PJ for the lead.

Don't make me pull the shank out of my prison cast.  :biggrin:

Thankfully it comes off in the morning do i wont look like i broke out of jail.
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

r1owner

Quote from: howlieboy on June 25, 2007, 08:26:34 PM
defintaley an interesting weekend...  I posted a video of the MWSS race in the rain..  Jenkins was flying until he high-sided.  I wish I could've been a little closer, the camera didn't pick up how cool of a crash it was (Hey if your gonna crash, it should be on video!!)... If the F#@kin walls weren't so close, he would've saved it...

I tried to get the hooters girl on camera, but she was scared... sorry for the cheesy intro... When I'm old and poor I want to be able to see why!!

See everyone at RA..

Nice meeting and racing with you Kurt.   :cheers:

Classic trying to pick up the Hooters chick while waiting to go out on the track!  :lmao:

A friend of the guy I was pitting with has a pretty good shot of Jenkins hanging off the side of the bike before he decided he didn't want to take that ride.  I'll see if I can get it for you to pass along to him.

There was also a heck of a save by a dude on a black bike (GSXR I think) coming out of the larger chicane (turn 4 I guess).  Bike went about 30 degrees left, then about 45 right and spit him up out of his seat pretty well.  He hung on and saved it.  I think he had an SK sticker on it.  Heck of a job to save it though!

racrx451

Quote from: wolf44 on June 25, 2007, 12:43:32 PM
Man there was a Ton of women walking around the paddock :lmao:

Ha ha ha ha..
'08 Ducati 848

CCS/ASRA #451

magicrat

-- Rat

"Ride to the sound of the guns ..."

PJ

Quote from: Burt Munro on June 25, 2007, 06:49:41 PM
Paul had just pulled off at turn 5 after a debris flag wave off.  I think that was the first time I ever saw a Buell not finish a race for mechanical reasons!! :biggrin:

Sorry Paul!

Ouch! Thanks Rick. Yes, it's supposed to be oil-in-the-swingarm, not oil-on-the-swingarm! Thankfully, it was a minor deal and didn't cause anyone else a problem.

Becca, great riding and glad you're mostly OK. Hope to see you out there again soon.

Anthony, you rocked in the rain! Nice job.

Chris, I guess I'm lucky they shortened the LWGP race from 12 laps to 8! I was pretty damn impressed with how quickly you got up to speed on a track you'd never seen before. All the best to you in chasing down Mr. Key again this season.
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

APP_Racing

Thanks PJ, had a blast chasing you and trying not to slide myself silly in the rain.  Don't know where Chris hides the Nitrous button on the bike but he went by me on the straight and into Turn 1 like I was on a Model A to take 2nd in the GTL.  Wicked Fast!!!!  It was fun watching him hunt you down, from my position I couldn't tell who made the finish line first but it sure seemed like a race.

If my memory is correct he was running Middleweight times.  WOW.
A Dean
APP Racing LLC
St. Louis, MO
314-757-0364

Donate today!
www.redflagfund.org/

Rich

Quote from: benprobst on June 25, 2007, 06:38:17 PM

????? Becca was going fast, but I dont think she was passing PJ for the lead.

Hey Ben I heard you went down as well. What happened? Are you ok?
Rich
CCS EX GP 179
www.greenlawnracing.com
caferacerinc.com, TC Concepts, Extreme Cycle, Pit Bull, Vortex, Chickenhawk, XT Racing

benprobst

yeah im alright. I was way out front and I made a bit of a mistake and made too agressive of a pass on a lapper (one of youre friends i believe, the older gentleman with cafe racer, greg?) I didnt want to stuff him into T1 (very dangerous) so i went around the outside and I kinda spooked him when he changed his line a little and he tapped my elbow, at that point I think he stood it up/bailed out. I pretty much had it saved but then he got sucked into my wheel and i could no longer turn the bike torwards the concrete run off and almost had it stopped when i tucked the front in the grass. Stupid mistake that has me working my ass of to get the bike ready for a very important race for me with WERA at Road Atlanta this weekend (i leave wednesday). I came back and won my next two races but it still sucked.

And to Greg (if thats your name) sorry if our little incident messed up your weekend. if you wouldnt mind, shoot me a pm id like to talk to you a little bit.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

wolf44

Quote from: racrx451 on June 25, 2007, 10:12:36 PM

Ha ha ha ha..
I think it only took three of them to get to that ton
Quote from: benprobst on July 28, 2008, 11:24:05 PM
Huh, guess I was wrong,
CCS GP EX#5
2008 Sponsors
MotoVelocity www.motovelocity.net
Mills Quarter Horses www.millsquarterhorses.com
St. Louis Staffing www.stlouis-staffing.com
Ducati Omaha www.ducatiomaha.com

r1owner

Are you talking about the girls that were raffling off the dirt bike?

Greg_Williams

Quote from: benprobst on June 25, 2007, 11:59:55 PM
yeah im alright. I was way out front and I made a bit of a mistake and made too agressive of a pass on a lapper (one of youre friends i believe, the older gentleman with cafe racer, greg?) I didnt want to stuff him into T1 (very dangerous) so i went around the outside and I kinda spooked him when he changed his line a little and he tapped my elbow, at that point I think he stood it up/bailed out. I pretty much had it saved but then he got sucked into my wheel and i could no longer turn the bike torwards the concrete run off and almost had it stopped when i tucked the front in the grass. Stupid mistake that has me working my ass of to get the bike ready for a very important race for me with WERA at Road Atlanta this weekend (i leave wednesday). I came back and won my next two races but it still sucked.

And to Greg (if thats your name) sorry if our little incident messed up your weekend. if you wouldnt mind, shoot me a pm id like to talk to you a little bit.

Hi Ben,

I didn't get spooked, I've been doing this long enough that I'm quite comfortable with close racing and don't worry too much about contact.  I found out a long time ago that if you stay relaxed that the bikes can show remarkable stability in contact situations (providing that you don't catch a brake lever!).  When you came by on the outside you or your bike snagged something on my bike which stood it up and pulled it into you.  My body then got tangled up in your rear wheel.

I am disappointed that you are attributing our crash to me getting spooked.  Racing a 20 year old single in a lightweight class I know that I'm going to be passed so it's no surprise when it happens.  I was focused on setting up to pass the SV in front of me and didn't even know that you were there until the bike got pulled upright.

I'd be happy to talk with you.  Give me a call at 816-225-8300.
Greg Williams

Cafe Racer Inc.
816-221-0711

www.caferacerinc.com

funsizeracing

Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com