News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

My name is Alexa, and I am a Workaholic

Started by spyderchick, May 18, 2007, 11:21:21 AM

spyderchick

The first step towards beating this thing is admitting to it. At first, I would work several hours a day, usually 8 or so, then I was up to 9 or 10, and now I work all of the time. I was fooling myself by saying, "I'm only doing 70 hour weeks, no problem!" I did the math, and last time I looked 15 x 6 = 90, which is about what I've been working regularly. In the mean time I gained back 20lbs of the over 70 lost almost 10 years ago.

Seriously, I've got to find some balance here, and all the stuff that's been happening with MarkB, Terrance, and some other people close to me, I've got to get some non-work related time back.

So here's the plan:

*Workout 6 times per week, at least 1 hour per day.
*Eat one meal per day away from the shop.
*Get my 'fun' mojo back.

For any of the CCS peeps who would like to join in, you can choose you own goal and $ level, or you can sit on yer bum and egg me on by challenging to match my pledge.

Here's my pledge:
20 lbs in 5 months should be a no brainer. $2 to the Action Fund/$2 to the Red Flag Fund for each pound lost...double that for any weight thats not lost if I don't meet my goal.

Example: lose 10 by October 15th: $20 to each fund for lost weight, but an additional $40 to each fund for not meeting the goal, a total of $60 to each fund.

Any takers? :ahhh: :biggrin:
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

gntbldr

I'll jump in on this! I need to lose about 20lbs myself after gaining 30 with being layed up for 7 mos.  I lost 10 just by going back to work but my body's already used to the new level of activity so I need to step it up a bit.

How do I go about officially signing up for this?

spyderchick

We're on the honor system, just post up here and keep us updated. ;)
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

gntbldr

Okey Dokey.
Just ate my last whopper of the season. woohoo!

I'll weigh in at work tonight on the shipping dept.'s scale and post up how fat I am :eek:

170 is what feels best on me and I am pretty scared to find out where I'm at :doh: !

gntbldr

Well here it is:

Hi, my name is Jim and I am an eatoholic.

Turns out I weigh in at 200 lbs and I am right along side you, Alexa, at needing to lose 20 lbs but I'm going to try and lose it a little sooner than later.  :ohgeez: lol

spyderchick

Well, I'm not posting my weight, you'll just have to trust me. ;)  But I'm off to the gym in a few. Then I'll go in to work.

Walked 5 miles yesterday, and did some assorted other exercise, the we looked at home gyms. (We were going to buy a 37" HDTV) :biggrin: Ah well, you can only spend the money once...
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

EX#996

If anyone needs the exercise, feel free to come on over (I'll be sure to feed ya' real good  :thumb:).  Here are a few things that will get your blood and body moving.

Planting the garden
Mowing the LARGE lawn (well, it's green and short, but I really don't know if weeds count as a lawn)
Pick up sticks so we can mow lawn
Pick stones where the geothermal unit was installed so we can plant a new lawn
Trim trees
Put siding on the house
Rebuild a section of the barn wall that's falling
blah, blah, blah, blah.....

I can keep going, but you get the idea.  :err:

Gotta go,

Dawn 
Paul and Dawn Buxton

h2o_motorsports

ok I'm in.

I'm 188 right now.  I want to be 170 by october.

K3 Chris Onwiler

Glad to see that you've finally decided to slow down a bit and take better care of yourself.  It's important that you don't let yourself get stressed out.  Are my leathers ready yet? :kicknuts:
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

HAWK

Did Alexa mention the new incentive tailoring plan when you dropped said leather off?  :kicknuts:
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

barb_arah

Hi, my name is Barb, and I will try not to let a co-worker's "work habits", or lack of, bother me.
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.

spyderchick

Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org