News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Just got Xrays....My track/racing is done :(

Started by Speedballer347, April 19, 2007, 04:29:14 PM

HAWK

Always look for a doctor that is in or at least into sports, too many people take the word of a doctor as ultimate when if fact he thinks you are simply insane to race and be looking for a way to make you stop, or worse, like in this case has a hidden agenda.

Saw my ortho again last week and he told me to bring back some pics  of my next time out. I found him from a friend who raced bicycles at the Olympic trial level, he always does what is best for me getting back to what I do, not what is cheapest or easiest.
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

wolf44

MILNE....Call him, I gave you his number.   Excellent DR
Quote from: benprobst on July 28, 2008, 11:24:05 PM
Huh, guess I was wrong,
CCS GP EX#5
2008 Sponsors
MotoVelocity www.motovelocity.net
Mills Quarter Horses www.millsquarterhorses.com
St. Louis Staffing www.stlouis-staffing.com
Ducati Omaha www.ducatiomaha.com

dicatirider944

Things have a way of working out.  I would find a few different Doctors and see what they have to say.  I had a bad accident 6/15/06 and first talks that they gave to my family was I might not be able to walk or even what my functions would be once I came out of a coma.  My left shoulder took the biggest beating on my body.  After I was back to functioning I only had about half of my movement in that shoulder.  I had a number of doctors that wouldn't even touch it to try and make it better.  After being referred over and over to different doctors I found one that could fix a lot of it.  It was a horrendous surgery and long time of rehab (which I am still doing!)  I am now getting close to about 85-90% of use from my shoulder with assistance.  My future of having a useable shoulder again is very good.  I plan on getting back into racing but it will be supermoto, no major concrete walls to find  :banghead:  I just don't think my body could take another lick like I did last time :thumb:

Sig

Quote from: chaplain220 on April 23, 2007, 09:37:50 PM
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor??

What? Somebody call the U.N.!!! I knew we shouldn't have let east and west germany back together!!  :ahhh:

:biggrin:

Glad things are looking up speedballer!  :thumb:

mdr14

just save your time and call Dr. Ting.. i am being dead serious.
Matt Drucker
MD Racing
www.mdracingstp.com

Speedballer347

Matt, who is Dr Ting?

I am going tommorrow to get a cortizone(sp?) shot to get me through the CCS/Gateway weekend.

btw: Thanks for helping me with my 1K geometry last year at Putnam, made a huge difference and got me going in the right direction.  Appreciated it  :thumb:
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

morepower

Quote from: Speedballer347 on June 18, 2007, 08:14:30 PM
Matt, who is Dr Ting?

Ortho Dr. Arthur Ting has fixed up Nicky, Rossi, Hoppers and countless other racers plus Barry Bonds.
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=27713
He has a center in Fremont ,CA and a office in Palo Alto, CA
Or there is Dr Terry Trammell in Indy. He fixes up all the Indy Car driver.
Both are VERY well respected in the Ortho field.

Hope that help
Arwood Racing
CCS
EX #82

PaulV

Solid advice from Michael.
Hey Michael, you doing ok? Haven't seen you out, hope all is well.

Paul
Polar-Optics
MW Ex 79
See Better, Ride Safer!

morepower

Quote from: PaulV on June 18, 2007, 10:31:24 PM
Solid advice from Michael.

Doing pretty good. Just got back from living in San Diego area since
Feb. If you'll be at RA I'm planning to come and ride so I look for ya.
Arwood Racing
CCS
EX #82

PaulV

You bet!
Stop by and say hello!

Welcome back.

Paul
See Better, Ride Safer!