News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

So.......I'm in a pickle

Started by wolf44, February 08, 2007, 05:26:17 PM

K3 Chris Onwiler

Quote from: dylanfan53 on February 08, 2007, 09:44:53 PM
If you want to do something nice, buy her something special when there's no possible chance that it can be linked to anything just to show that you appreciate her putting up with you.

That is some OUTSTANDING advice!  I do this kind of thing regularly.
Example:  I come home with flowers.  She's thrilled beyond belief, and says, "What's the occasion?"  I reply, "Well, the homeless dude was just standing there with the bucket full of flowers, and I thought about how you always do nice things for me, so I bought some."  She replies, "Well, I'm glad to hear that homeless people make you think of me!"  Then she grabs me by the shirt, dragges me into the....  um, GOTTA GO!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

catman

K3 +1 on the flowers- I never had such a regular relationship with a florist  until i got into this hobby, shinny-sp  works  better but cuts down  too drastically on needed ? improvements -

wolf44

Quote from: benprobst on July 28, 2008, 11:24:05 PM
Huh, guess I was wrong,
CCS GP EX#5
2008 Sponsors
MotoVelocity www.motovelocity.net
Mills Quarter Horses www.millsquarterhorses.com
St. Louis Staffing www.stlouis-staffing.com
Ducati Omaha www.ducatiomaha.com

Super Dave

Quote from: Jason748 on February 08, 2007, 09:24:20 PM
How true...

I say race, but pick up something shinny & expensive on the way home, it eases the blow.

That's great advice.

I like things made of polished aluminum.

So, enter the races, buy some cool stuff.  If she's unhappy, you can enjoy the stuff.   :biggrin:
Super Dave

truckstop

Quote from: dylanfan53 on February 08, 2007, 09:44:53 PM
One more thing.  Don't buy her anything (except maybe flowers) to try to even the score.  In racing you'll always be behind if you start keeping score.  If you want to do something nice, buy her something special when there's no possible chance that it can be linked to anything just to show that you appreciate her putting up with you.

+1 - and that should go for anybody. I should really do this more often since I can be a bit of a pill of a girlfriend. Come up with something a little more imaginative than flowers from time to time though. Flowers are nice, and even I and my dark and twisty innards have a melty spot for getting flowers, but put some thought into it. Not shiny expensive things, thoughtful things.

Then again, I want to start punching people when I hear diamond industry ads that try equating love with their overpriced hunks of pretty rocks. Whatever. I will *never* understand this, so your mileage may vary.

spyderchick

Quote from: truckstop on February 09, 2007, 10:34:33 AM

Then again, I want to start punching people when I hear diamond industry ads that try equating love with their overpriced hunks of pretty rocks. Whatever. I will *never* understand this, so your mileage may vary.

Tell me about it. I've never had Rog buy me a diamond, and my pearls belonged to me mum. However, you and I are not 'normal' on this account, so I don't know how valuable our advice would be on that end.

Oh, and boys? If you want to buy me something shiny, make sure it has 2 wheels.  :biggrin:
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Jason748

Quote from: Super Dave on February 09, 2007, 08:54:53 AM
That's great advice.

I like things made of polished aluminum.

So, enter the races, buy some cool stuff.  If she's unhappy, you can enjoy the stuff.   :biggrin:

Exactly....I didn't say it was for her  :biggrin:.  I was thinking, rear sets, some nice ohlins, some BST's, maby a Ti full system, etc.... it eases the blow when she leaves you!
:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

K3 Chris Onwiler

Quote from: truckstop on February 09, 2007, 10:34:33 AM
That makes me INSANE, and I understand it all too well.  The diamond industry plays us like fools, tuging our emotions and guilt, making us feel that if we don't blow thousands on rocks for our women, we're useless non-providers.
They tell the young men that 2 months salary is the right money to spend on an engagement ring!  If I had that money to toss, She'd be getting a $200 diamond in the glove box of a British Racing Green used Miata!  In fact, at that point I could forget the rock, and Laura's eyes would still have the hungry gleam that the diamond commercial girls always get....
Man, I refer to Laura's diamond as "The BB."  It's humiliatingly small and foggy.  I've tried to upgrade that sucker several times, but she adamently refuses.  She says she loves that rock because she knows I could hardly afford it at the time, and just couldn't WAIT to marry her.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

truckstop

Quote from: K3 Chris Onwiler on February 09, 2007, 11:05:05 AMMan, I refer to Laura's diamond as "The BB."  It's humiliatingly small and foggy.  I've tried to upgrade that sucker several times, but she adamently refuses.  She says she loves that rock because she knows I could hardly afford it at the time, and just couldn't WAIT to marry her.

That story makes me melty too. Awesomeness.

For Christmas this year, a friend's wife was all excited that she got diamonds. We gave each other a slot car set that takes up the entire dining room floor. (It'll get moved to the basement eventually, you know we didn't have much furniture in there anyway) She didn't get it.

I dunno, the time we spend together laughing and smashing up plastic Ferrari's and Porsche's (I play slot cars more like demo derby than racing - the Ferrari is already missing a headlight, and the rear axle is tweaked, the Porch is covered in red scratches) is way, way more valuable to me than shiny rocks.

That's a bad example, I wish I had a less "dude hobby" oriented story...

Anyway, yeah, the diamond industry turns a lot of people into suckers, and it's kind of horrifying and sad... and yeah Alexa, women who read motorbike racing message boards probably aren't the best gauge for the rest of our gender. I still say we're the "normal" ones though.  :thumb:

errr... and appologies for the thread hijack.

Super Dave

Quote from: spyderchick on February 09, 2007, 10:46:27 AM
Oh, and boys? If you want to buy me something shiny, make sure it has 2 wheels.  :biggrin:
Super Dave

Eddie200

Hey Wolf... I received an error and cannot reply to your personal message.  Can you email me direct?

Eddie

Super Dave

I post a pic of a walker, and who shows up...

:biggrin:
Super Dave