News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Why I think global warming is bull...

Started by Super Dave, January 31, 2007, 03:33:57 PM

Super Dave

Ok, so I'm older than 26 years old.  Still, the idea of global warming and cooling has been passed on to us through education systems, the media, and sometimes government entities and the United Nations.

Ok, apparently, the global cooling thing has been proven to be false, so they say, but they might say that with the global warming thing too.

I can see where reducing emissions might be a good thing, all in all, for the WHOLE world, not just those countries that have worked to reduce it in the first place.

But I still have an actual reservation on the science of measuring "global temperature", and I feel that it destroys the information that I hear touted all over.

So, temperatures are measured all over the world, blah, blah, blah.  Fine.  First, it's only been done for a relatively short period of time. 

Next, they are measuring what temperatures?

I'm sure they are measuring outside temperature.  And that's my problem with this.

As all nations develop, populations increase, and the availability of certain items becomes more common place in parts of the world that couldn't afford certain luxuries, things change.

Regardless, someplace in the world, it is hot.  And with the advent of technology, buildings are built for shelter, electricity comes, and air conditioning can be installed.  So, in areas where it was once 110 degrees in the summer, large shelters now exist that have air conditioning. 

Air conditioning removes hot air from one place and puts it someplace else.  Outside, no less. 

Thus, I contribute the idea of global warming to the continued development of shelter and air conditioning moving warmer air to the outside where it increases the overall global temperature. 

When they start measuring cold movie theaters and factoring it into the temperature, I won't think they are so full of crap.

:pop:
Super Dave

loc_dogg

Not to mention that when the air is expelled from the AC unit it is even hotter!  :lmao:

spyderchick

No, they are measuring the fact that glaciers are melting, the polar ice caps are melting and Antarctica is spawning icebergs into shipping lanes like there's no tomorrow. (Which there may not be)

The scientific community is in accord that global warming does indeed exist, and that it is the media double speak that says it does not is where the bullsh*t lies. Pick up some back copies of Scientific American. The weather patterns are changing drastically. FYI: even though weather stats have only been kept for just over 100 years, the ice that is rapidly melting is where the scientists are getting their info for research on what the climate was like 200, 1,000, and even 10,000 years ago.  If those out there think that the earth can handle the pollution, landfills, carbon emissions that industry and consumers make, and then go to rape the land of all of the natural resources available and not have any major impact, I'm just glad I probably only another half a century on this planet.

Our kids and grandkids can deal with and pay for the clean -up, right? No, we need to deal with it now as a legacy to those who will be left here after we are gone.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

backMARKr

Dave....you have a gift.

( stir stir stir )

NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

SVbadguy

Well, during Jurassic period ice caps were pretty much none existent.  Not really any land at the poles either.   How'd that happen?  Must've been the overpopulation of dinosaurs breathing out too much CO2 and causing the greenhouse effect.  And don't forget the massive amounts of flatulence released by 100-ton herbivores.  Can you imagine a Brontosaurus fart? :biggrin:  And then there were all the volcanoes too and everything was nice and toasty keeping the big lizards happy.

Clearly none of that mattered, everything ended up freezing anyways.

Court Jester

The information and temperatures are gathered and tracked as averages. What we get on the news as an "average temperature" for a particular time of year is typically the average from over the past 3 to 5 years. The really smart scientists figure it up for the past 100 or so years.
But to add to Super Dave's theory; The fact that the polar ice caps are melting may be having a huge impact on the warmer weather because there is less ice to cool the air over all.
I personally think it has a lot to do with the penguins sliding on it so much and jumping from the edges of the ice into the water. Just imagine the amount of snow and ice they've knocking into the water and the water they have splashed onto the ice (subsequently cause it to melting) over the years. And that's not counting the friction from sliding on ice. One should also take the penguin's body heat into account as well.
And all of this is totally ignoring the Snow Walrus, the Polar Bear, and those damn baby seals. They're all out there walking on, sliding on, peeing, and crapping on the polar caps. I for one, blame the melting ice caps on the animal kingdom.
Next season my leathers will be made from baby seals.  
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

Suzy

2005 Rookie Corner Worker of the Year!

catman

Mafia man, another crude attempt at gaining in the smite war,eh :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Court Jester

can't be too bad. i think i was at 69 this morning :ass:  :ahhh: :kicknuts: :thumb: :kissy: :cheers:
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

PJ721

hooo-boy....

you can really tell winter has set in....topics are gettin' deeeep.....

come on - we need more global warming - then we all could ride/race all year round  :thumb:
Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Laugh uncontrollably...
And never regret anything that made you smile....

backMARKr

This is like jailhouse lawyers debating Constitutional Law..... :err:
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13