News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Sliders that "throw sparks"

Started by cgorham, January 12, 2007, 08:26:25 PM

cgorham

Hey I have a pair of Oxstar boots with titanium toe sliders... Can I just duct tape them or something?  Do I need new boots?

Court Jester

tape will scrape through the first time you use them. try changing them out with plstic ones. i'm sure they have replacements.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

PJ721

most Oxtar boots use the same sliders...
http://www.newenough.com/oxtar_replacement_boot_parts_page.htm
click on the drop down for the list of available non-Ti parts
Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Laugh uncontrollably...
And never regret anything that made you smile....

RCR_531

How often do you drag your toe? You could get off the bike more and less lean angle.
Rodney LeQuia

Biggs Motorsports  RCR Kawasaki  SBS Vortex  Conti
Lithum Motorsports

cgorham

I only dragged my toes on my old bike, during the first few track days...  I just don't want to not pass tech

Court Jester

keep your toes up and you should hardly drag them at all, but it'll freak the dude behind you way out if he sees sparks coming off your toe and thinks it's your bike and you're about to go down
CCS# 469

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

RCR_531

I have seen pegs,frames and other parts of a motorcycle throw sparks before in front on me. The late time at Autobahn a guy in front had knee pucks that sparked and took a little time to get used to them.
Rodney LeQuia

Biggs Motorsports  RCR Kawasaki  SBS Vortex  Conti
Lithum Motorsports

251am

Quote from: cgorham on January 12, 2007, 08:26:25 PM
Hey I have a pair of Oxstar boots with titanium toe sliders... Can I just duct tape them or something?  Do I need new boots?

Replace the metal with plastic parts.

Court Jester

Quote from: RCR_531 on January 13, 2007, 01:18:48 AM
I have seen pegs,frames and other parts of a motorcycle throw sparks before in front on me. The late time at Autobahn a guy in front had knee pucks that sparked and took a little time to get used to them.
no kidding? they allow the sparking knee pucks?
i ride one footed when i get that low and just lift the inside foot up and off the peg if it touches down. if i don't i have a bad habit of putting my weight on the inside peg and going slower or highsiding.
CCS# 469

dylanfan53

Just take them off.  They're just held on by two screws.  And yes, tech will stop you for sparkies, toes or pucks, if they see it and if tech doesn't catch it the cornerworkers (at least ours who are very observant, thankfully) will notice and and call you out for it. 
Don Cook
CCS #53

racerhall

i used to have the same boots
oxstar makes replacement toe slidders that are plastic, they are cheap and easy to change out
Midwest ccs #69
asra #69
ama #66
www.schaumburgaudi.com

LMsports

I stock the plastic toe sliders for those boots. We sell them for 13.95 a pair. I will also have them available trackside if anyone needs some there.
Rob Oliva
Lithium Motorsports, Inc.
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747
www.lithiummotorsports.net