Sliders that "throw sparks"

Started by cgorham, January 12, 2007, 08:26:25 PM

Cowboy 6

Quote from: LMsports on February 01, 2007, 07:41:13 PM
I stock the plastic toe sliders for those boots. We sell them for 13.95 a pair. I will also have them available trackside if anyone needs some there.

Do you have them for Gaerne?
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

Russell2566

Plastic toe sliders suck, replace the titanium sliders with Magnesium toe sliders. They won't spark but last a long time.

superspud

or you could just not bring your boots through tech.  Who really touches toes down anyway?  I have titanium bits on my toe sliders but if anything is grinding it's prolly my rearsets.
CCS MW Am #778

Eric Kelcher

Magnesium sliders???

Seems they would throw even more sparks and Magnesium is a flammable metal so I am not too inclined to jump on that band wagon. So at the moment I would say jury is out on that one whether legal or not but if they spark 100% not allowed.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Russell2566

I've been running them for over a year now. They throw zero sparks and last even longer than their advertising claimes...

http://www.preferredpowersports.com/eshopprod_cat_3196-19087-28299_product_403392.ALPINESTARS_MAGNESIUM_TOE_SLID.htm