TZ250 in MW Sportsman

Started by motomadness, January 28, 2003, 06:20:50 PM

motomadness

Reading the rules and partially because of the notes highlighted in the LW Sportsman class, one might think that a TZ250 would be allowed in MW Sportsman.  I know it's not a production, street-based motorcycle, yet the rules don't explicitly exclude it as other classes have.

What's the deal?

TZDeSioux

Sean,
the fact that a TZ is not a production street bike no where in the world makes it illegal for that class. How's your TZ search going?

motomadness

I picked up Doc Stein's bike last weekend.  He had a ton of spares, good notes and he will probably be at the track to offer assistance when I need it.  Can't beat that.

I am still trying to sell the Aprilia, but I am not too concerned.

TZDeSioux

Congratulations! You're going to love it! It's a 95 right? What is he going to ride?

spyderchick

The last I heard Doc is planning on running the 600 classes this year. I might be wrong though.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

TZDeSioux

QuoteThe last I heard Doc is planning on running the 600 classes this year. I might be wrong though.

ooh.. that would suck if he did. We need more twostroke geeks in our region :)

motomadness

It's a '95.  I am busy at work all this week, so I haven't had anytime to really look it over and mess around with it.

Doc is really cool.  I spent almost 3 hours talking to him about every spare part he had.  That conversation really instilled a lot confidence in the purchase I was making and the assistance I would be getting while trying to maintain the bike.

Doc told me he plans on running an SV and a 600.  He want to cover all of the bases for obtaining the #1 plate.  I wish him luck.

TZDeSioux

Sean,
sounds like you got what you wanted. Now get ready to get your ass beat by the little bike. It aint like riding that lazy boy sofa of an Aprilia RS250 :)

motomadness

If that's what it takes to get into the 17's or lower at BHF, then so be it.  Bring on the terror.  

Any word on your bike?  

What color are you going to paint it?  I can't stand the white wheels on my bike.  I am thinking about getting them powder coated black or red.  If we go in together, we can probably get a discount.

Eric Kelcher

Here is a racer that does powder coating very high quality stuff, unsure on prices. TopKoat.com
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

TZDeSioux

Sean,
Yamaha released the 03 TZ a month later than usual this year. It should leave Japan either this week or next week. I'm pretty sure that my bike is coming with black marchesinis. I'll probably keep the bike just plain white for a while.

How's your bike? Give me some details man! Is it stock? Does it have the sealed airboxes with the fuel pump? Who built the motor? Any kit parts? I'm excited for you!

chris_chops

Hey Desu,
   My bike is red and I actually possess it, unlike your sorry butt!  I hope the moritorium on trash talk is lifted soon, I miss it!  PUNK!!!!!!
Matt
P.s. 550 posts, I thought I was bored?