Tenative 2007 Schedule

Started by extrakt0r, November 22, 2006, 01:34:36 PM

Jason748

Maybe cb186, CRAkitty or some other CRA peeps can chime in on that one......

It does sound like from the MNSBR forum we may be getting a few CRA moon-lighters hitting RA & BHF this year...  Some are kinda pissed that they don't have MAM but I heard the turn-outs at MAM the last couple of years was really hard on them so I don't blame them.
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

Super Dave

Would like to do Brainerd again this year myself. 
Super Dave

Jeff

Point is, the tracks are there.  There are orgs that run them.  If you're really bummed, get another license and run a few weekends with another org at the track you love.  It might do you some good!
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Addicted2Danger

I have read many different ideas in this thread on why certain tracks have been scrapped.  Does anyone else besides me think that grids are getting smaller?  Just seems like if 1/2 the pretty-boy track-day guys would get a race license and spend their time and money racing that CCS could justify more weekends and at less-known tracks (Gingerman, Autobahn, Putnam, etc.).  There were a number of lightweight races in the 2nd 1/2 of this year that didnt pay any contingency due to a low number of entries.
I do ahve to say that I am also bored to death with racing BHF after the 3rd time in a season!!

Burt Munro

Quote from: PJ721 on November 23, 2006, 09:26:57 AM

.........the K12 is restricted from LW WT SuperSport right? or is the old 1100 over the real 1100 cc limit? but still only SuperSport is changed...so still legal in SB and GT?

The K1200S is water cooled.  No where close to the R1100 in weight, design or power.

The R1100S was available in the U.S. from 1999-2005 and then was replaced by the R1200S in 2006.

The R1100/1200 is air cooled and 4 valves.  Besides the displacement increase to 1200cc's the frame was changed and the bike lost about 30 lbs. in stock form.
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Jeff

Quote from: Addicted2Danger on November 29, 2006, 01:33:56 PM
I have read many different ideas in this thread on why certain tracks have been scrapped.  Does anyone else besides me think that grids are getting smaller? 

Yes, grids are getting smaller for a number of reasons.  The influx of track day opportunities and the incredible expense of racing are probably the largest reasons.

Just seems like if 1/2 the pretty-boy track-day guys would get a race license and spend their time and money racing that CCS could justify more weekends and at less-known tracks (Gingerman, Autobahn, Putnam, etc.).  There were a number of lightweight races in the 2nd 1/2 of this year that didnt pay any contingency due to a low number of entries.

Scaling back the number of weekends or keeping the region more concentrated will help that to a large extent.  People will have more money to race with due to fewer weekends.

I do ahve to say that I am also bored to death with racing BHF after the 3rd time in a season!!

Then you've reached your personal limit for ability at that track...  That's sad really.  Raise the bar constantly, reach it and raise it again.  When you continually improve you can reduce your boredom.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Court Jester

I know this may sound far fetched, but... NESBA allows 2 free sessions for folks that have never done a track day. That's how I got started with getting on the track. What are the far-fetched chances of setting up one race where folks could show up, practice, and run their own race for next to nothing. It would cut into some other people's time but if done right could be safe and let people get that feeling that comes from racing rather than just doing a track day.
It would be tough and take some serious planning, but maybe at one race per year do something like that. It would definitely help get a few more folks into the sport. 
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

extrakt0r

Quote from: Court Jester on November 29, 2006, 03:31:13 PM
I know this may sound far fetched, but... NESBA allows 2 free sessions for folks that have never done a track day. That's how I got started with getting on the track. What are the far-fetched chances of setting up one race where folks could show up, practice, and run their own race for next to nothing. It would cut into some other people's time but if done right could be safe and let people get that feeling that comes from racing rather than just doing a track day.
It would be tough and take some serious planning, but maybe at one race per year do something like that. It would definitely help get a few more folks into the sport. 

Well, I had to read that twice, because I thought I had seen both "free" and "race" in the same sentence!

LOL! 

But anyway...yeah right, free racing? TA had some free racing at their last day of the year, and people still didn't hit it up...Regardless of wether or not you have to pay the entry fee...That is the cheapest part of this sport IMO...

If you want to make racing less expensive find a way so that Tires were not $300 a pop...Or at least make em' so they last more than 3-4 races...Most people can buy 4 tires for their car for $300 and go 40,000 miles on em'...

20-30 Laps for $300??? That is what pushes people away from this sport IMO...Even more so than Travel...
Mike Simone
CCS/ASRA Great Plains EX #619
www.teamsimoneracing.com

2005 CCS AM Unlimited GP Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperBike Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperSport Champion

tstruyk

QuoteTA had some free racing at their last day of the year, and people still didn't hit it up...

Well to be fair the numbers for qualifying where pretty darn good for the shootout races... it was the rain that kept the actual race numbers down.

Not many people interested in racing in the rain if there is nothing invested in it... myself included, assuming that ol' buddy Dean would have let me race after crashing in Qualifying  :banghead:

GP schedule works perfect for me.  Just the right number of events combined with ASRA, back to GIR for a cheap (and hopefully contingency winning) weekend... no worries here!
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Super Dave

Quote from: Court Jester on November 29, 2006, 03:31:13 PMWhat are the far-fetched chances of setting up one race where folks could show up, practice, and run their own race for next to nothing. It would cut into some other people's time but if done right could be safe and let people get that feeling that comes from racing rather than just doing a track day.

The risk involved from a liability stand point would be huge.  I think that's a gigantic period for that.

First races for those not initiated are controlled sensory overload.  Sometimes mock riders' school races are fun to watch for that.
Super Dave

Super Dave

Numbers of racers on the grid goes up and down in cycles. 

twenty years ago, I bought my GSXR750 at retail, minus a Suzuki end of season rebate for $3900.  Race tires were $180.  First race was $30, second $20, everyone after was $10. 

Then the lawyers took over a bit more, and track days for cars and bikes drove up the prices for track rentals through increased demand. 

Simply put, racing isn't inexpensive, and it probably shouldn't be.  Something less expensive is a track day.  Tires can live for a long time when they don't have to perform at a higher limit, and there's no need for a new bike for contingency or for the personal feeling that a new bike will make one more competitive.
Super Dave

RCR_531

It is nice that Dean will let you buy a race license per event. I was looking at doing some WERA but after everything I would have to buy or rent I gave up on that idea.
Rodney LeQuia

Biggs Motorsports  RCR Kawasaki  SBS Vortex  Conti
Lithum Motorsports