Fitness in the office & off-season

Started by Jeff, November 06, 2006, 11:20:57 AM

Jeff

A lot of racers work in offices and even more talk about fitness both during and outside of the race season.

I spend 9 hours a day in an office, a majority of which is on conference calls.  A few things I do which others might consider are:

ankle weights.  a set of 10lb ankle weights make great exercise just doing a few leg lifts, or roaming to the coffee machine and back.

hand exercisers: I go through 2-3 of the STIFF exercise balls a year.  I switched to a silicone block which is for climbers and that has lasted much longer.  This is great to take into meetings too.

weight ball:  I picked this puppy up yesterday and walked around in the mall for 6 hours, tossing it from hand to hand.  My arms were shot when I left.

http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2161015&cp=2057738.702281.694015&parentPage=family

I only got the 6lb ball as they didn't have a 10lb'er, but will go out looking for the 10 now.

It's a bit larger than a softball and works fine for tossing a foot or two in the air and catching again.

Stupid little things that can and WILL make a difference in your racing if you lead a sedentary lifestyle of a cube-rat.

Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

HAWK

Always take the stairs. I work in a building with a 6 story stairway, I Plan to do laps at lunchtime every other day.
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

TommyG

I wack off three times a day. Mon,Wed,Fri with the right-Tues Thurs Sat with the left. I NEVER get arm pump this way. Oh ya...on Sunday I don`t wack cuz that would be a sin! :jerkoff: :thumb:

Jeff

So that's why you called me last night...  Just had to have someone get you through it didn't you? now I feel all dirty...
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

TommyG

Your lovely wife usely answers the phone......... :biggrin:

funsizeracing

Quote from: TommyG on November 07, 2006, 01:35:54 PM
Your lovely wife usely answers the phone......... :biggrin:

at least he didn't metion your daughter!
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

Jeff

Some things you can't put in print... 
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

spyderchick

Is that why Tommy wanted Rhinannon's digits the other day?  :kicknuts:
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

TommyG

Ahhhh your daughter in a tight custom leather....doh!! Sorry I lost myself there!! :spank:

Team-G

Speaking of tight leather, can you get through tech if you can't zip it up?  :cheers:

spyderchick

Quote from: Team-G on November 07, 2006, 11:44:05 PM
Speaking of tight leather, can you get through tech if you can't zip it up?  :cheers:

Last I heard, Larry didn't want to see any man flesh what-so-ever, so no.  :lmao:
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".