News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

How far would YOU go to make a race weekend?!

Started by wvracer97, July 16, 2006, 04:22:56 AM

If your wife was pregnant and was due on an important race weekend, would you...

Urge the doctor to induce the week before?
7 (18.4%)
Hope that the baby comes early?
4 (10.5%)
Go to the races regardless of her condition?
4 (10.5%)
Stay home and eat chips as the supportive husband?
23 (60.5%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Voting closed: July 30, 2006, 04:22:56 AM

wvracer97

This is where I find myself in September with the VIR Team Challenge weekend.  Being that I live in Arizona now it's not the easiest decision I've had to come by.  Our team is pretty well in first place both in class and overall... as long as we show up no one will catch us.  BUT we do have the pride of an unbeaten season going and I'd hate to lose that golden carrot :ahhh:

So what would you do?

GSXR RACER MIKE

Stay home, social programming requires it.  :spank:
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

EX#996

I didn't read Mike's whole response..... 

.... it was way too long.  Although let me throw out a few things.

1)  It took two of you to make the baby, it should have the both of you to bring it into this world.

2)  How would you feel if you were at the race weekend and something went wrong with either the delivery, or the baby?

3)  This is the wrong place to be looking for advice.  Talk you your wife and come to an agreement together, because that's who you'll have to live with.

Dawn

P.S.  Thank God I have a husband who would make jokes about the situation, but would never put racing over his family.
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Gixxerblade

jer271

No Shit on the cliff notes,  I would definately stay home though.  Ive been in a serious relationship now for a year and know know that racing has too be put on the back burner for alot of insignifigant things,  and I would have to say that one-having children- is a priority in a womens and a self respecting mans mind.

steve_karson

If it is your first child, I think it is a no-brainer. If it is your fifth, then go racing. Unless you are making your living racing, there is no way it is more important than your first child.
Good luck to ya, on whatever you decide.

251am

Take her with to the track is my vote. Flying; hire a doc for the flights. Driving; plan a route in which all the hospitals are researched and locations known.

I guess another consideration is how your teammates feel about it. Have you got a sub and could you live with that scenario of not being there for VIR?   

GSXR RACER MIKE

Sanitized to keep the choker collars in place.  :spank:
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

scottg22

Stay home with the Mrs. and Hire Jesse Janisch to ride in your place and help the team continue its winning ways.

:thumb:

KBOlsen

Damn, Mike - no wonder you're a confirmed bachelor! 

Personally, I think it would depend on your situation.  I have neither husband nor children but if I was pregnant and (A) there were no complications with the pregnancy, (b) I had plenty of support from friends/family other than my husband, and (c) he was legitimately in contention for a championship, then yeah, I'd tell him to go.

Mind you, if any of conditions (A), (B) or (C) were missing from the equation, then I would expect my husband and life partner to be sticking close to home.

Too, if the race was less than an 8-hour drive from the hospital, I might not mind if my husband went racing, if two of the three conditions were met.

CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

sksracerwife

Since I am the pregnant woman in question I thought I would chime in. First of all this is way to funny. Scott didn't even tell me about this poll I just happened to see it. Now I actually feel kind of bad that our new baby is due on that weekend otherwise I would fly out there for that race myself but what can you do? :rollseyes: Now I went to the doctor on Wed and practically begged to be induced early. First of all I want her out asap! :thumb: And 2nd I want him to make the race because he is 5 out of 5! :cheers: So this is really for his benefit  to see what others think. Me I'm just going to sit back and read this because I just think the poll itself is funny! :pop:

BTW I'm hoping he makes the race! 8)

Also this was a joke!! He will not miss the birth of his new daughter for anything!

ecumike

If' you're not going to lose your million dollar sponsorship if you don't goto the race, then stay home.  It's a matter of what's more important to you... Making some regional, non-professional race, of which there are plenty more, or being there for your baby's birth?   I'd stay home... Life happens.