News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Anyone interested in ice racing for fun?

Started by Bam55, January 07, 2003, 05:56:42 PM

Xian_13

QuoteHow long does it take to screw the tires?  Sounds like a rather lengthy ordeal.  

Took me 3 days to do my bike...
But that was due to a Low battery and my impatience
Make sure you have a good charged battery or two if you are using a cordless drill...
As you might expevt, standing over the charge does NOT make it charge any faster ;D
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

Bam55

Have any of you used a cordless screw shooter before????? Geez, you took HOW LONG??? Russ did his and I did my own,  we sat down and shot the sh*t and put in gold screws. It took us about an hour and a half and between the two of us we used 1500 screws.
 Maybe you need to get out of the office and learn about all the modern tools us service type people have access to!!!
 The highest it got was 48 which was today. It still was 32 over night, while not making ice it still wasn't going away either. We had about two inches of snow on it to so that also makes it tough for any of the ice to melt also.
  It is supposed to be a high of 9 for the best day the rest of the week. I guarantee there is plenty of ice up here. You want to ride or make excuses???

I am a racer, I race. (Quoted from "Special Dave" Rosno)  ;D

merge

Yes we have plenty of ice here.

We have a blast. Except last weekend my throttle cable was stuck wide open so that sucked.
But all its good to go now.
Jack hope you can make it. and throw some little bikes around with us.

If anyone has any questions you can also email me or PJ.
Entry forms can't be faxed. You will have to pay me or PJ at the lake. We won't take all your money just most of it. We learn from the best. CCS teachs us well.   :D Just kidding
We just have a good time.

Russ Voigt
r6295@yahoo.com
715-675-7041

Jeff

QuoteMaybe you need to get out of the office and learn about all the modern tools us service type people have access to!!!

hehe..  Whatcha mean screwshooter?  A trusty ole craftsman flatblade will do the trick  :P
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Super Dave

Dude, you will have that Car-Pell Tunnel Sin-drome if you do that... ;D

I'd love to be there every day, myself.  Jeff, the 80 will work.  That's what Russ and PJ have.  

The important thing do to is ride and have fun....

Saturday would be the only day for me this weekend.  'Bout all I know at this point....
Super Dave

Bam55

Got a new ice bike, 2001 Yamaha TTR 125, Its brand new, left over. I will be doing the tires on Saturday morning and I will time myself with a stop watch so as the prove it doesn't take that long. To let you know my equipment will be a standard quarter inch driver tip in a 18 volt cordless DeWalt Drill/Hammer Drill. No fricken hand screw driver, I'm putting my money on less than two hours. Anyone want to make a wager???

Jeff

Alright alright.... Now it's just convincing my wife...  My family lives within 15 mins of where you guys are racing, so there's no reason I can't come up :-)

This weekend won't work, but maybe next weekend would.  I've just got to work on the wife to convince her this is a good thing ;-)

There were mumbles of "over my dead body" when I mentioned studding the new 80 for ice racing, so I know I've got an option if worse comes to worst  ::)
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Protein Filled

Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

Super Dave

Jeff, just come up with Jack and I.  Looks like we'll be heading up in the morning.

Edgar...are you going to come and bring Tommy too!  I promise not to play fair.... ;D
Super Dave

Protein Filled

I'll find out and let you guys know. When? Saturday?
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

thetireguy

Hey guy's, can't make it this Sunday with you. We need to look at another date. Now if anyone happens to be in town here for the Minneapolis Cycle World show, I can arrainge lot's of options for lakes up here too.

Tom

Ps: Any one know if the three hour at Koshganong going to allow TTR125's to race? Or is it a mini bike?

Jeff

QuoteJeff, just come up with Jack and I.  Looks like we'll be heading up in the morning.

No can do this weekend :-( Next weekend may be doable though.  I'll start greasing the skids (jewelry I guess ;-) )  
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest