News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Race coverage?

Started by Gixxer124, January 04, 2003, 02:51:53 PM

Gixxer124

I was looking through some old issues of Cycle News and noticed no coverage of Midwest CCS races. Florida was well represented. I was just wondering what is involved in getting results published?

Thingy

Historically, the same can be said for Roadracing world.  

I know that Jack wrote some reviews for the Midwest last year.  He might know what the scoop is.  I think that CCS only sends coverage to the media if somebody writes it for them, or not at all.  Either way, somebody from the Florida region is either sending it in on his/her own or sending to CCS to submit.

Sounds like a cheap way for CCS to get some of the coverage they can't find...
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

Speedballer347

Jack writes as well as he takes photos 8)
I would like to see more of his articles, hopefully he is working on eting them in print.  He does a great job at repesenting the midwest and great plains riders.
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

SliderPhoto

QuoteI was looking through some old issues of Cycle News and noticed no coverage of Midwest CCS races. Florida was well represented. I was just wondering what is involved in getting results published?

It is my fault that the midwest was not represented. It was my job and I failed. I owe everyone an apology.

Speedballer347

QuoteIt is my fault that the midwest was not represented. It was my job and I failed. I owe everyone an apology.
BS! :P
Dude, your articles are great, and you take fantastic pictures of all of us.  Everyone appreciates the time you put in for us.

Keep up the great work! 8)
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

Gixxer124

QuoteIt is my fault that the midwest was not represented. It was my job and I failed. I owe everyone an apology.

Hey Jack, Look me up at the track if you need some help with the race coverage.

hdpromos

Our secret weapon in Florida is Lisa Theobald :P

HD

the_weggie_man

Check CCS media rules before you sign up to do coverage. LOL

Thingy

Jack, we are not going to blame you.  You are great! :)
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

HandleThis66

jack...don't be so hard on yourself.  you are awesome and support the racers and midwest in the best way.  you have so much on your plate, i don't know how you have time to do it all.  your web site is so great, you put a LOT of work into it...it's so thorough.  EVERYTHING you do is appreciated, so you DIDN'T fail us, you've done a great job!  thanks for everything, we all dig it...keep up the exceptional work! :D  maybe my mommy could help out with some roadracing world/cycle news articles and get  us some exposure...just a thought if she has time.
love rhiannon :-*

K3 Chris Onwiler

maybe my mommy could help out with some roadracing world/cycle news articles and get  us some exposure...just a thought if she has time.
love rhiannon  

As homer Simpson might say, "Mmmmmm....  Spyderchick."

K3
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

SliderPhoto

Thanks. I shouldn't have listened to the mediocre feedback I got. You guys deserve the recognition and that's why I wanted to do it and it's still why I want to do it. I have asked for a second chance for next season.

The magazines want race results, top ten in each class, but are interested only in experts. :(