sv superbike jetting

Started by opie158, April 04, 2006, 09:33:00 AM

opie158

What jetting should I start with for my superbike powered sv? This is what it has, 1mm overbore, APE cams, ballanced crank, Khinin 41mm flat slides, light flywheel, total loss ignition. Will be at Summit point mostly. Also what gearing can some recomend? Thanks for any and all help.

damico

175 MAINS WILL BE A GOOD PLACE TO START FOR JETTING. BUT ALSO HAVE A PAIR OF 172 JETS ON HAND. THAT SHOULD GET YOU REAL CLOSE

opie158

catman

GEARING? ANYONE for summit point sv superbike?

badmonkey

try 160 mains unless running oxygenated fuel . then 175 otherwise way too rich...
16-46 gearing on superbike
Do you want to touch my Monkey?

citygarage

Quote from: badmonkey on February 17, 2007, 04:55:30 PM
try 160 mains unless running oxygenated fuel . then 175 otherwise way too rich...
16-46 gearing on superbike

that jetting sounds way wrong. my stock motor with flatslides runs lean but in the horsepower with 160's. and it sounds like your saying run 160 with normal fuel and 175 with oxygenated fuel. are you saying you make a seven step increase in your jets when you switch to oxygenated fuel? that sounds super wrong, the furthest we have ever gone was two steps, and that took us from slightly lean with normal fuel to almost perfect with race fuel.

Super Dave

Would be contingent upon the specific gravity of the fuels you are comparing and the amount of oxygenate.  Both can make your jetting change one way or another in jet sizes.
Super Dave

badmonkey

What fuel you running? Built motors you tend to run higher octane which means you usually run a leaner jet. Bigger jets don't mean more hp. I went from a stock motor with slides , 72 hp, to a built motor cams pistons whole nine yards 89hp and didn't have to rejet carbs except for diff temps. Try a dyno with a sniffer. You results may vary...LOL
Do you want to touch my Monkey?

Super Dave

I disagree that octane affects jetting.  But you might have other variables.
Super Dave