News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

What pitbike?

Started by TZDeSioux, December 30, 2002, 07:56:55 AM

r1owner

I just bought a little Honda 50 for 300 bucks. :) My brother and I saw it in some dudes shop when I was back in PA, and I thought that it would work well.

The guy used to use it to push his drag bike back until he got a 4 wheeler.

The fact that my wife and I just had a son last month ;D makes it easy to tell people that he already had a bike when he was born!  8)

r1owner

BTW,

A guy down the street from me bought one of the new Honda Z50's.  It was made in China (I think), and he said the company did indeed buy the tooling from Honda.  I rode it, and it seemed to be a pretty nice bike.

SliderPhoto

Quoteooooh.. XR100 sounds good. :D how much? What do you all think of them little baby ATV's?

Bought my son one of those small ATV 50s. Besides taking up too much room, they're too expensive and way under powered.

Jeff

You can't go wrong with a Honda Z50, (now XR50).  They're bullet proof, inexpensive and hold their value forever.

Case in point, I bought an 84 Z50 for my kids in 97 for $500.  We rode that thing daily until I sold it this last summer at BHF within 10 minutes of putting a $450 "For Sale" sign on it.

I picked up an XR 80 this last week for the kids (which will double as a pit bike), but having a manual clutch will make lugging tires around more difficult.

Right now, NEW XR50's can be had for under $1k (I've seen them as low as $899).  At Lake Country powersports in Waukesha, WI they have a used Z50 (I believe it's a 90's model) for $799 which could probably be had for $100-150 less.

If you're heading to Lake Country, talk to Charlie, the sales manager and tell him Jeffy sent you over.  He'll hook you up.   ;D
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

r1owner

Damn!  I was just in Waukesha last week!!!

TZDeSioux

I bought myself a brand spanking new 2003 Honda XR50R today. I rode it up and down my alley and practiced backin it into my garage. Got a pretty good deal on it. I suppose I could've gotten it cheaper if I bought during december but either way they gave it to me for 100 under msrp out the door.  :)

stumpy

Does it cart ya around pretty good? Just wondering if two smaller people would be able to fit on it?
Greg "Stumpy" Steltenpohl
www.teamstumpyracing.com

YTAK_Racing

XR 50?....come on Kwak!  

TZDeSioux

stumpy,
there's no way two people will get on this.

Wuytack..
hey smaller is better for a pit bike. Don't worry.. once I free up some more cash I'll buy a freaking dirtbike to go riding with you.. jesus... it was a  present from Michelle. Cut me some slack...

Gixxer124

Can you make those into Super Motards?

SliderPhoto

QuoteDoes it cart ya around pretty good? Just wondering if two smaller people would be able to fit on it?

YTAK_Racing

okay....Nice gift michelle.  You a lucky guy Kwak.