News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

My experience at the Harley Shop

Started by Dawn, December 20, 2002, 01:44:44 PM

Eddie#200

Dawn,

Actually there is a real reason he won't run your bike.  

If you needed carb work to get your bike running better...he couldn't do it becaues he can't tune a bike with more than one carb!   LOL  bwahahahahahah! ;D ;D ;D

EX#996

QuoteIf you needed carb work to get your bike running better...he couldn't do it becaues he can't tune a bike with more than one carb!   LOL  bwahahahahahah! ;D ;D ;D

LOL !!!!!!

No I was only looking for a baseline.  I would really like to do a tear down and refresh the engine and it would be nice to have a before and after to see if it was done right.

Oh well, I guess we'll just wing it.

Dawn  
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Baltobuell

Cute, very cute. But when you start talking lathing pistons, squish area, vs valve size, with what degree cam will work with it and why, or remapping a ecm, some of us amatures still look for advice.:) Oh yeah, and Todd has been known to work for beer Thank God because he sure bailed me out in W.Va. Did I mention they are nice people.

Dawn

QuoteCute, very cute. But when you start talking lathing pistons, squish area, vs valve size, with what degree cam will work with it and why, or remapping a ecm, some of us amatures still look for advice.:) Oh yeah, and Todd has been known to work for beer Thank God because he sure bailed me out in W.Va. Did I mention they are nice people.

We're just teasing -

It's just like the car guy's:  Ford vs. Chevy

Well:  Japan vs. Harley

It's all about the entertainment value.

Dawn  

Baltobuell

Oh I know it's all in fun. What else we gonna do all winter but talk trash. In the summer we'd have to back it up. :) I just can't see me on an inline, as much as I'd like to try one, I think the sound alone would be unnerving. Maybe in the spring somebody will swap bikes with me for a practice or something and I'll get to see if I could deal with the turbine tones. The new R6's just look nasty, and the prices of some of the used stuff is almost a, why not try it n'see deal.
 It's kinda wierd though, I guess it's just people are curious, but at the track, people talk to me about my bike all the time and I get to meet alot of nice folks that I wouldn't have, just being the only "ol'dude with the Harley."

K3 Chris Onwiler

As a lifetime inline four guy, I couldn't believe it when I raced a friend's SV around Blackhawk.  It was like the bike didn't even realize that this was a race.  Baaaaaaaaaaa...Bwaaaaaaaaa..Bwaaaaaaaa. ???

I guess I'm just used to the frantic scream of a four.  At least the bike seems as worked up as I am! :o
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Protein Filled

Oh, Chris...That's just cuz you were not going fast enough...you should go light up another cigarrete!!!

;D ;D ;D
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

Dawn

QuoteAs a lifetime inline four guy, I couldn't believe it when I raced a friend's SV around Blackhawk.  It was like the bike didn't even realize that this was a race.  Baaaaaaaaaaa...Bwaaaaaaaaa..Bwaaaaaaaa. ???

I guess I'm just used to the frantic scream of a four.  At least the bike seems as worked up as I am! :o

Chris:

Paul says the same thing.  He has told me:  "I love my SV, but there is such a rush going under the Motorola bridge at RA and hearing the scream of the ZX-6"

Dawn  

K3 Chris Onwiler

Dawn says:  there is such a rush going under the Motorola bridge at RA and hearing the scream of the ZX-6"

OK, I'm hard.  Could you stop that please!  How much longer do we have to wait?  I don't want a cigarette. :o
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

EX#996

QuoteCould you stop that please!  How much longer do we have to wait?   :o

LOL!!!!

I come home last night and Paul was in training.  He had the playstation with all the racing games out and the sound going through the stereo for better effect.  He tells me with a grin:  "I was training for hours, hoening my reflexes."

I think he must have over done it because he challenged me to a few rounds of Sled Storm.  Needless say after two races he said he had enough.   ;D  

Dawn   ;)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

KBOlsen

LOL!!!  I love my Harley mechanic. :-*
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?