News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

My experience at the Harley Shop

Started by Dawn, December 20, 2002, 01:44:44 PM

sportbikepete

You want to have some fun? Next time you see a Harley broke down on the side of the road pull up on your Jap bike and offer him tools out of your kit. They hate that because they have to take advantage of the offer. Oh yeah make sure you get a picture too!

roadracer797

Dawn
Heck if anybody can make you look like you belong in a Harley shop it would be me, you know I scowl all the time, so any time just call and I teach it to you.
Craig >:(

Baltobuell

It's so true I'm ashamed. Even on a Buell the poser Harley guys don't wave. Truth is most of em are professional types that missed out on being a wildster in the 70's. The other day I was standing there and it occured to me, "This place looks like they're holding Santa Claus tryouts or something." But believe it or not, some of the Harley shops have the best mechanics to be found.
 Dawn, don't go to that shop if they are ignorant. There is plenty of good shops around.

GSXR RACER MIKE

A few years ago I was sitting at a stop light in town on my ZX-11 at about 2a.m. when a guy on a Harley came around the corner at about 15mph and dropped the thing right in front of me. Needless to say he was under the influence of some alchohal based blood thinners of some type and the little guy ended up pinned under the bike. He was trying to get his leg out from under the thing, but wasn't doing to well, so I offered to help him. He totally ignored me when he saw I was on a crotch rocket and continued to struggle till he finally got out from under the beast. He then had a hell of a time getting the thing upright and when he did he had to push it to the side of the street cause it wouldn't start.
   It's too bad that other motorcycle riders have to be like this. There is too few of us, percentage wise to cars, on the road!
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Jeff

QuoteThe first question I get asked when non-cycle people find out I ride is:  "What kind of Harley do you have?"   ???

The people that work for me know I race, hell, all I talk about is bikes.  There's tons of pics in my office, etc.  Well, out of the goodness of their hearts they got me a gift card for Christmas...  It's to HAL'S!!!  (hal's is one of the big harley shops here locally).

OMG.  I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.  ;D :'(

I'm sure I can have them order something for me, and I'm sure I can rent a car and wear a disguise so nobody sees me in there, but I just think of how much further the $$ would go at Lake Country PowerSports  :P

Oh well, it's the thought, and I'm still glad they thought highly enough of me to get me something.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

the_weggie_man

Take the card to Terry Galagan in the race shop at Hal's and he will put it to good use for you. They have a dyno and don't exclude jap bikes. Terry has been the man behind Hal's championship roadrace team for many years and used to wrench lots o' jap bikes including Scott Zampach's stuff many years ago. He knows his stuff and racing, any bike, is in his heart.

By the way, Hal's is always a big supporter of the Wegman Fund because of Terry.

Dawn

QuoteTake the card to Terry Galagan in the race shop at Hal's and he will put it to good use for you. They have a dyno and don't exclude jap bikes. Terry has been the man behind Hal's championship roadrace team for many years and used to wrench lots o' jap bikes including Scott Zampach's stuff many years ago. He knows his stuff and racing, any bike, is in his heart.

By the way, Hal's is always a big supporter of the Wegman Fund because of Terry.

Thank you for your words of wisdom...  

Dawn  

Baltobuell

How ironic! Hal's is like the primier race shop in the country if you ride a Buell. Obviously you don't. Life ain't fair but what are the odds. Like I said before though, HD shops have some of the best mechanics, and Hal's is a prime example. You should be able to find something.

Jeff

QuoteHow ironic! Hal's is like the primier race shop in the country if you ride a Buell. Obviously you don't. Life ain't fair but what are the odds. Like I said before though, HD shops have some of the best mechanics, and Hal's is a prime example. You should be able to find something.

I'm sure I'll find something, and I'll take the advice of talking to Terry.  I just cringe since I have an excellent relationship with another local dealer, and the thought of paying "retail" for anything makes me cry.
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Baltobuell

I don't know Terry at Hal's, but Todd Evans knows his stuff.

Jeff

QuoteI don't know Terry at Hal's, but Todd Evans knows his stuff.

C'mon! Anybody who wrenches with SAE can't know that much! ;-)

(yes, it was a joke. I do realize that harley mechanics are some of the best because of the constant practice they get ;-) oh man, I kill myself, I gotta stop)

Merry Christmas to everyone!
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

the_weggie_man

Todd and Terry have worked together for many years on Hal's race team. Both great guys, super mechanics and party animals supreme .......