News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

cbr600rr

Started by slowpoke97, December 10, 2002, 07:40:25 AM

slowpoke97

does anybody no when the new 600rr. the f5, i heard they are supposed to be really cool and when i get faster i want to get one if anybody knows, please write back

gpconcepts

Huh? Slowpoke, are you asking when the new Honda will be in the dealer showrooms??? My brother is sales manager for North Hollywood Honda in CA. He siad that it will be early march before we mortals can get our hands on one. Thew factory teams, of course, have had theirs for months. Add that to the list of unfair advantages.

Rich

Jeff

okay, number 1, to set the record straight, Honda had not made an F5.  

When and if they ever do, it will be the replacement for the F4i.  The RR is not a replacement for the F4i, rather Honda's "full race" version streetbike, leaving the F series to fill the "sport" version streetbike.

As to when they will hit the floors?  I don't know any dealers that have been told...  They are all being told March, which means Feb to Apr...

I don't know that the factory teams have had them for months when it's just been over a week since Miguel rode the thing for the first time...
Where can you find out more?
www.cbr600rr.com of course  ;)
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

rs364

sdiver68

What does everyone think about the crash survivability of the underseat mounted pipes?

How do Ducatis fare?

Who will be the first to field test? :O
MCRA Race School Instructor

dave333

QuoteWhat does everyone think about the crash survivability of the underseat mounted pipes?

I have to believe based upon my crash experience that they are not going to fare well.  When you've crashed, how often has the bike been relatively OK but the subframe needed a little help from a 6' pry bar to get it back to near straight?

TreyBone

Jeff

QuoteWhat does everyone think about the crash survivability of the underseat mounted pipes?
Dunno... I think the pipes will fare much better than the CAST subframe  :-/  I'd believe the subframe will be a prime candidate for multiple welds...

QuoteHow do Ducatis fare?
If you can afford to race a ducati, you don't care because you can afford to replace the exhaust/subframe  ;) (the ducs I've seen go down have faired quite well actually)
QuoteWho will be the first to field test? :O
<gulp> hopefully not me ;-)
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

motomadness

you've got to check out the //www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/daytona.asp.  There are some beautiful pictures of the 600RR in race attire.   ;D

Eric Kelcher

Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

chris_chops

QuoteIf you can afford to race a ducati, you don't care because you can afford to replace the exhaust/subframe  ;) (the ducs I've seen go down have faired quite well actually)
<gulp> hopefully not me ;-)

Hey now, that is stereotyping.  I raced a ducati for the whole season last year and I am just as broke as all y'all. Somebody check the spelling on all y'all!
It takes a  huge crash (Stece Rapp)to brake or even bend anything beyond service on a ducati excluding the weak clutch cover.  You will need a 5mm billet cover and standard crash bungs.  I have to admit the first time I saw that new honda I wondered how many subrames and pipes I would need for the season.  Still an awesome bike!  

sdiver68

Yup, Eric, and apparently the bike didn't fare so well

http://www.amasuperbike.com/2002-Dec/021211c.htm

I wonder if Dunlops site has crash pics yet...

MCRA Race School Instructor