News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Thank you & Good Luck!

Started by StumpysWife, July 13, 2005, 05:52:41 AM

StumpysWife

As most of you already know, Stumpy is hanging up his leathers for now.  Due to several factors, he does not feel he can ride at 100% and will not put anything less out there.  This was a very difficult decision for him as he's not one to give up anything easily, but he had to do what was right for him this time.  He has had an amazing 2+ years of racing and reached so many of his goals and objectives.  

We both thank all of our supporters for their encouragement and faith in Greg's ability over the years.  

We'll still be cheering everyone on as we're both big fans of the sport, especially at the club level.  We may be able to make it down to Blackhawk for Wegman weekend.  

Thank you all and good luck in everything you do!

Heather & Greg Steltenpohl

Protein Filled

:-[

We'll miss you guys! Damn it, now I need to find someone else to intimidate!
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

Jeff

It's a sad day  :'(

But I'm glad to have shared the experience with you guys.  It's been an honor.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

EX#996

Just because you're no longer racing, don't be a stranger here.

Dawn   ;)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

tigerblade

I have no clues as to what the situation is, but very sorry Stumpy is leaving the sport.  Best of luck to you both!  
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

OmniGLH

QuoteI have no clues as to what the situation is, but very sorry Stumpy is leaving the sport.  Best of luck to you both!  

Ditto.

You guys do what you gotta do.  You'll be missed, and I don't think anyone will argue that your overall enthusiasm for the sport was unmatched in the BHF paddock.

Now, that being said, we all know that you can take the boy out of the races, but you can't take the racer out of the boy.  I quit racing bikes... but am getting into autocrossing my car ($35 a weekend is much easier to swallow!)  So my question is:  what kind of racing is going to replace roadracing?  Bicycles?

Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

stumpy

I've been doing ALOT of cycling both mountain and Road. I did my first road race and won it overall. It was 35 bucks to enter and felt better than any motorcycle win i've had. It is very fun!! Alot of strategy. That's how I'm keeping myself busy in the mean time. On long rides I also have aolt of time to think about motorcyle raicng and reflect how sweet last couple years have been and the cool friends I have met. In bicycle racing the people are not as friendly, they don;t give you those tips a newbie needs.  I definetily will keep in touch and try to "spectate" at a couple of races. Heck maybe even pack my leather along too .  

Thanks again to everyone that helped me out along the way!

Stumpy
Greg "Stumpy" Steltenpohl
www.teamstumpyracing.com

Super Dave

Glad you had fun, Greg!

I've been around the block quite a few times, and it's sad that motorcycle road racing will loose the enthusiasium that you, your wife, and your family brought to our little corner of the sport.

The road racing pendulum is not very nice.  Manufacturer and product support is less than generous, and nothing is very easy to accomplish.  Hopefully, you'll take away an increased intensity for life and sport that the flame of motorcycle road racing help brighten in you life.

Was good working with you...

And keep in touch...or we'll send K3 to your bedroom... 8)
Super Dave

EX#996

QuoteAnd keep in touch...or we'll send K3 to your bedroom... 8)

:o  :o  :o

LOL

;D
Paul and Dawn Buxton

PJ

Stumpy and crew, sorry to see you go. You certainly brought a professional and uniquely fun approach to your racing efforts and will be missed. All the best in your next adventures...

PS. In canvassing the MotoGP paddock over the weekend, I saw at least 4 LP USA Stumpy T-shirts walking around. I do believe yours was the most popular T-shirt design I saw all weekend!
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

Jeff

Hey dude, I'll keep the dream alive if you give me your canopy!  I'll even keep a 600RR under it  ;D ;D ;D
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Pierre - Team PMR

Wow!  What a shocker!  This is sad news...We'll miss you Stumpy & Heather (and crew!).  Good luck on your new adventures!
Pierre Montsion
Team PMR
CCS EX# 280