News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Thank you & Good Luck!

Started by StumpysWife, July 13, 2005, 05:52:41 AM

dylanfan53

Sorry to see this.  You brought so much fun, enthusiasm and personality to the paddock...and I'm just talking about Heather!  ;D  

We'll miss you!

(Okay, you too Stumpy!)

Best wishes in all you do.  Forever Young.  :)
Don Cook
CCS #53

cardzilla

Stumpy, say it ain't so!  I never even got to race against my fellow Honda brother.  I can totally relate to what you're saying about cycling.  I've raced road and MTB as well as downhill and they are all exhilirating.  Downhill comes close to road racing but I never had the power to win on the road or X-country.  Good luck in cycling.  It is the best training for roadracing so maybe you'll come back someday... until then  ;)
Larry Dodson
CCS # 22
2004 Yamaha R1 Superbike

rotoboge

StumpysWife

Don't tear me up, guys!  The people in this sport are a reason is so hard to walk away.  

And please don't think that he's quitting due to bad reasons.  It's really not bad at all.  It's just not something we want to discuss on a public forum.  

Anyway, how could we have possibly had any more fun than we already have?!

Remember to keep your sense of humor out there and have a good time, even when the going get's tough.  

Heather

Super Dave

QuoteAnyway, how could we have possibly had any more fun than we already have?!

You have no idea....    8) ;D
Super Dave

Burt Munro

I been wracking my brain trying to find something positive for the rest of us out of this.  

I think I found it.....  the life expectancy for any cookies in the paddock has increased by 10 minutes!! ;D

Good luck guys!  I can't fault you for the new direction - Bicycle racing is my second love!

Rick
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

H-man

Oh what the hell....

I was avoiding posting a comment here because I didn't want to appear to be just mindlessly joining in on the sorrow and surprised expressed.

Well, I'm posting.  I really am as surprised as most and saddened (though not as much as others) by the news you guys will be dropping out (maybe it's just a sabbatical?).

I'd never talked with you at the track (the 2 times I was there) Greg, but I've noticed you and we chatted at the awards dinner.  You're a really good guy.  I'm sorry we didn't get to talk more.

Heather, I've talked with you at Gingerman, at the awards dinner and enjoyed many of your posts on this board.  You're an amazing woman.  I have gotta get me one like you.

I hope you both will venture abck to this board to join in on whatever topic and share with us what's going on with you both.

Peace be with you.
   H-man
Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

"Life has a certain flavor for those who have fought and risked all that the sheltered and protected can never experience."  - John Stuart Mill

Thingy

My dogs are going to miss you on Thursday nights at the track.

(I wonder what somebody will read into that?)  ;D
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

Chuck

Good luck Team Stumpy!  I'm sure you have your reasons...heck I'm sure most of us have pondered the thought of hanging it up.  

Hope you guys have fun doing whatever it is you plan on doing next.  You'll be missed.

diesel748

Stumpy & Heather I wish you two all the best in whatever you do! I hope to see you at the track soon.

Tobias

tshort

Wow - that's a surprise, guys.  On the other hand I understand completely.  Enjoy the MTB stuff - that'll keep you healthy, altho might result in more rash and pain than any RR crashes did - go figure :-/.

And if you're ever down Milwaukee way, do give a call - at least to drop in for a beverage.

-Tom & Flip
(128 is 1/2 of 256)
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

gma