News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

MotoGP Times OMG!!!

Started by Hyperdyne_Racing, July 08, 2005, 11:00:23 AM

OmniGLH

QuoteJim, did you guys race?

Nah.  Just went to spectate.  I wouldn't want to race at a combined AMA/MotoGP event anyways. I'd be spending all my time watching the MotoGP guys, and would wind up missing practices, races, etc.  Who has time to ride when Hayden, Rossi, and Gibernau are out on the track?  ;)

I was *really* itching to ride that track.  I've spent so much time on it in video games.  I might have to suck it up and suffer through a Keith Code day just to ride it...

BTW - it was worth the 4.5 hour wait (yes, 4.5 hours) to get into the track.
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

L8brake731

Hey TZ_boy:

How many times have you tried to shave off just .500 seconds off your own lap time? How consistant are you going around a track that YOU are familiar with?

AMA turns a 127's; Moto GP turns 125's, Holy BAT S H I T !!!
To say Rossi's times were pathetic only shows your own ignoracnce.

BTW- The SUPER CARTS that ran there this weekend, they ran comparable times to AMA, those little things rip!

I just wish it was possible for all to be there, it was AWSOME ;D
S. Fukiage
CCS/ASRA  #731

TZ_Boy

If you think Rossi going 2 second's faster than a superstock R1 is fast, that is your opion.  I personally think it is slow.

Shaving .5 second off my time simply requires the removal of my skirt.

The super kart's are running AMA quality TZ 250 motor's.

Super Dave

MotoGP Qualifying Results:

1. Nicky Hayden, Honda, 1:22.670
2. Valentino Rossi, Yamaha, 1:23.024

http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=23390

Provisional AMA Superstock Qualifying Results:

1. Jason DiSalvo, Yamaha, 1:26.294
2. Aaron Yates, Suzuki, 1:26.398

http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=23383

Looks like three seconds.  

But they aren't paying you to ride them either...
 ;D

If you can do better, send in your application...

Even then...

Provisional AMA Supersport Qualifying Results:

1. Tommy Hayden, Kawasaki, 1:27.707
2. Jason DiSalvo, Yamaha, 1:28.054

I guess Rossi isn't much "faster" than an ol' 600cc street bike with street skins either.

HP is not king.  Traction is.  Getting it down on a little tiny track like Laguna is hard, hard on a 1000, harder on something a bit more prototype...
Super Dave

L8brake731

The BIG difference is that the Super carts are running with their rocks just an inch and a half wbove the ground!! :o

We only do that when we're outa-shape...

As far as Rossi and the rest of the Moto GP racers, just amazing talent, AMAZING.
S. Fukiage
CCS/ASRA  #731

L8brake731

HP is not king.  Traction is.  Getting it down on a little tiny track like Laguna is hard, hard on a 1000, harder on something a bit more prototype...

So, late on Saturday evening, after much of the crews and spectators went their merry ways, Mazda Raceway, FIM, or someone made the bright decision to wash the track down :o

Now, with all the rubber or most of it being washed away, the times get a bit slower. Dunlop made a decsion the sunday morning to run the softer compounds to get the qualifying times down and to put rubber back on the track.

Way to go Dunlop ;D Maybe it's time to switch.......
S. Fukiage
CCS/ASRA  #731