News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Air Fence for Summit 7/1-3

Started by gerry, June 21, 2005, 01:44:11 PM

Old808

Not that CCS doesn't screw up here and there, but hings are probably easier to organize when you run a whole championship in the same fishbowl.

WebCrush

QuoteNot that CCS doesn't screw up here and there, but hings are probably easier to organize when you run a whole championship in the same fishbowl.

There have been the same people at every Mid-Atlantic race, they've done this for years, and have been doing this long enough to know better.

LRRS is a one track series now, but they used to have several more before they closed down.

Having multiple tracks is not an excuse for them to:

--ignore safety issues
--modify schedules without notice
--shorten races
--eliminate sessions

wvracer97

QuoteAnd this, folks, is why I'm avoiding the Mid-Atlantic CCS region and sticking with LRRS.

We have AirFence setup by track staff on a regular basis at no cost to us, and the track even goes ahead and buys more annually.

They also pay our corner workers, feed em, and give em free entry to the track.

::)

When I rode up at Loudon they did have extensive airfence use and excellent cornerworking, but I have to admit it is an inherently dangerous track even with these things.  Wouldn't you agree??  Hell, it should be one of my favorites since I won the TC GTU and got a third overall in the TC... but I won't go back unless I'm getting paid alot to do so :D  Not that it would happen ;)

I just don't think it's any safer than any of the mid-atlantic tracks... my .02 :)

WebCrush

QuoteI just don't think it's any safer than any of the mid-atlantic tracks... my .02 :)

You .02 wouldn't hold water when compared with the injury reports, ambulance transports, and chopper riders.

Loudon is a much safer track.  Sure, there are walls there, but the odds of hitting an unprotected one are slim to nill.  Any protected wall that you could hit is also like to be in a slow speed corner and at a glancing angle.

r1owner

Quoteand doesn't advance practice by 30 minutes in the morning without notice.  ::)

Are you referring to VIR?

wvracer97

QuoteYou .02 wouldn't hold water when compared with the injury reports, ambulance transports, and chopper riders.

Loudon is a much safer track.  Sure, there are walls there, but the odds of hitting an unprotected one are slim to nill.  Any protected wall that you could hit is also like to be in a slow speed corner and at a glancing angle.

Fair enough... we all have our own opinions.  Have fun up there!

Old808

QuoteLRRS is a one track series now, but they used to have several more before they closed down.
When?  The last non-Loudon LRRS race I know of was Pocono, in 1999.  And by the way, it was the worst clusterf*ck I've ever seen.  Have they run other tracks since?

WebCrush

QuoteAre you referring to VIR?

yup

WebCrush

QuoteWhen?  The last non-Loudon LRRS race I know of was Pocono, in 1999.  And by the way, it was the worst clusterf*ck I've ever seen.  Have they run other tracks since?

They used to run Bridgehampton as well.  In 2000 they did a track in Canada once.

r1owner

Quoteyup

He announced it on Saturday before the last race and several times after that they were moving practice up 1/2 hour.

gma

Thx for gettin' my back, R1owner.

WebCrush

QuoteThx for gettin' my back, R1owner.

I'm not blaming you Griff.  I'm sure at VIR it sure wasn't your idea to run the UNSS race right after the GTO event.  Sure, 10 mintues in between to swap tires and rims and get em up to temp. Riiiiight.   ::)