News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

I'm looking at a CR125....

Started by EX#996, April 28, 2005, 06:50:43 PM

EX#996

Anyone have any experience with them?  Any gremlins to watch out for?

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

K3 Chris Onwiler

That's a high theft motorcycle.  Leave it where K3 can get at it, and it'll be gone! ;)
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

roadracer797

Dawn
I used to race one and they are wicked fast and you better be sitting forward when you decide to go, if not you will get a perfect veiw of the sky  ;D
Craig

EX#996

Paul and Dawn Buxton

251am

Quote1997

:)

Sweet, nice choice, '97 is a pretty good year for CRs. There really are not too many gremlins in 97s except for steering head and swing arm bearings. If the previous owner did not properly clean/grease you'll simply have to replace them. Not a bad idea anyway. A lightened flywheel will help keep the revs up w/o stalling and improve bottom end response. We sold a '95 CR500R that had a fork swap from a '96 preferred unit. Wish I'd never sold it. That bike rocked the US Forrest Service world. ;D  

EX#996

Alexa,

I see you keep two browsers open...   ;D
Paul and Dawn Buxton

spyderchick

No, I have several "tabs" open. I can actuall look at unlimited sites with the firefox browser.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

EX#996

LOL!!!!

I really should go out and get some stuff done, but this is so much more fun!

;)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

spyderchick

I was thinkin' the same thing. I'll be working all weekend anyway... ::)
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Eric Kelcher

love the 2 smoke 125s for the light weight but I find that with hills and tight woods riding the diesels are a lot better and looking to replace my RM125 with a YZF250F or the RM-Z250 4 stroke.
Also for max performance the 2 smoke need to have rings replaced every 5-10 hours and piston every other ring change. For me that meant every weekend of riding the pistons needed to be replaced I was bad about it and stuck a power valve and ruined piston and cylinder. Kicker is the diesels are still so new they are more expensive than a 2 smoke whch can be found a few years older.
Other good thing about the smoker is easier starting but you can find MX diesels with electric start
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

racerhall

ive got a 99 kx 250 4 sale $2500 ;D
Midwest ccs #69
asra #69
ama #66
www.schaumburgaudi.com