Yumm......

Started by EX#996, April 08, 2005, 03:28:32 PM

EX#996

In anticipation of produce prices increasing due to gas prices, I decided to have a garden again this year.  Now mind you, were not talking about an 8' x 10' garden, I'm talking about a really big garden.  One that feeds us for about two years.   ;D  (Lot of freezing and canning in this house)

Just started....

36 pepper plants in the red, green, yellow, orange & purple varieties,

12 cucumber plants for early picking, more will be planted directly in the garden for later

12 watermelon plants with more planted later

12 pumpkin plants.....

Then there will be butternut squash, acorn squash, onions, tomatoes, peas, beans, kolorabi, corn....

I also started 6 gala apple trees in the house (they're about 8 - 12" tall now) and just started a set of braeburn apples to go with our current group of McIntosh, Red Delicious and yellow delicious apple trees.

All of this is grown with NO pesticides.  I better tell Paul to grab the plow from the neighbor's house and break the sod again.  

;D
Paul and Dawn Buxton

spyderchick

Woo Hoo!

We have a share in a CSA Farm (community supported agriculture) for the second year. Last year we got everything from spring greens, radishes, potatoes, peppers, both hot and bell, cabbage, peas, green beans, tomatoes, and lots of garlic. We even got enough basil to make a bunch of pesto, the last of which is still in the freeser.
Our farmer is hooked up with a poultry farmer, so we get fresh eggs every other week, and fresh whole chicken once a month. All organic, all amazinly delicious!

Can't wait 'til JUNE!
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

spyderchick

For those looking for fresh produce around the country try:

http://www.localharvest.org/

How does this relate to motorcycles? Just think of it as your training food! ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

H-man

Quote... there will be squash,  peas, beans, kolorabi.... ;D

You're gonna plant cholera?! :o :o :-X

;D ;D
Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

"Life has a certain flavor for those who have fought and risked all that the sheltered and protected can never experience."  - John Stuart Mill

EX#996

Sorry I meant....  kohlrabi   ;)

Plus I just took a bunch of venison in to have Italian brats made.   :)  Now I just have to decide what else I want done with the rest of it.  

Dawn  
Paul and Dawn Buxton

putter

QuoteSorry I meant....  kohlrabi   ;)

Plus I just took a bunch of venison in to have Italian brats made.   :)  Now I just have to decide what else I want done with the rest of it.  

Dawn  

Well Dawn, you could always ship it to me. Mine is in mah belly already.

EX#996

QuoteWell Dawn, you could always ship it to me. Mine is in mah belly already.

We took a total of six this year (but gave one to Paul's mom & dad) plus we do our own processing so nothing goes to waste.  I make my own burger with my grinder and the cheapest hamburger I can get from the store and mix it about 80/20. Then there's the jerky.....  Yumm.....   ;D  We go through about two pounds of that in just over a week.

But anything that requires stuffing a casing....  Well, thats better handled by the professionals.

Dawn   ;)

Paul and Dawn Buxton

putter

Yeah, we procees our own also. My Grandpa left his sausage shop to my Dad in his will. Otherwise I am sure we would leave the pepperoni and stuff to the pros.

Vension cookoff at BHF this year?  8)

EX#996

QuoteVension cookoff at BHF this year?  8)

Sounds like a plan.

My venison stew and hot beef are to die for.  Even Renee goes back for seconds and thirds.

Dawn   ;)

Paul and Dawn Buxton

K3 Chris Onwiler

Quotehot beef to die for.  
Dawn   ;)

Yes!  Been there, ate that, want more!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

KBOlsen

Dawn, how am I supposed to be getting WORK done when I see this and start drooling all over my keyboard?? :D :D :D :D

mmmmmm jerky....
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?