Major help needed

Started by smoke, April 05, 2005, 06:42:50 PM

smoke

My bike will start 50% of the time but it will not run unless you stay on the gas.

I've cleaned the thottle botties, the tip sensor is fine the kick stand wire is still connected. I've placed a new wireharness on the bike..new battery, new ecu, new rectifier.

I still need a new tank, and ex system so it could be the fuel pump, does the air box need to be fully seated?  all of the vacume tubes and sensors were connected.  The mid pipe is bent to hell. At this point I can only complete the race prepwork, hope it start once i'm done or take it to a shop after race prep is done. WTF  

At this point I don't know what to do. :-[ >:( >:(

sauce

take the mid pipe off and see if it runs with out it might be choking the engine, how are your pulgs?i had to turn up the idle on mine 500 rpm more than stock setting.do you here the fuel pump running? you got gas right.just checking
Black ops racing,Bridgestone,Woodcraft,Regina,Cantu inc,sara young.

smoke

Quotetake the mid pipe off and see if it runs with out it might be choking the engine, how are your pulgs?i had to turn up the idle on mine 500 rpm more than stock setting.do you here the fuel pump running? you got gas right.just checking

If I take the mid pipe off that meas the headers come off. Its the stock joint.  I have not changed the pluds yet. I want it to run , but I'll get new plugs tomorrow.  Which way do i turn the screw to increase the idel?  fuel pump clicks, i think its bad.. tons of gas

sauce

clock wise to up throttle,fuel pump clicks then should run put your hand on the fuel pump should feel a slight buzzn feeling,take a saw and cut the smashed part of your pipe off (junk any ways)and see if it runs.
Black ops racing,Bridgestone,Woodcraft,Regina,Cantu inc,sara young.

smoke

I will try tonight.. after I put the new plugs in.  My buddy has a new laser cutter I've wanting to play with.

Super Dave

Laser?  Sawsall will be fine.

Sauce has it right, Mel.

Super Dave

smoke

thands SD..  
I have not touched the bike in a few days since its been raining an I;ve been sick.

I was almost to the point to where I was thinking of flying your butt out here to fix my bike. ;D

Super Dave

LOL!

Take my job...please...

Second meeting tonight for new job.  We'll see if we can hash out the deal ;D

Hope you feel better.
Super Dave

smoke

How did the meeting go?  I hope well cause I will need your setup help.

Well thank you sauce & dave...  the plugs were shot to shit.. I mean blacker than midnight...  Put them in and sprayed carbcleaner on the filter in the fuel punp, and adjusted the idel.  And BAM.. she fired up and ran... shut it off ...and bam started up again.  Now I just need to to the tip sensor..  

The oil is draining now, the casecovers will get changed tomorrow, and clip-ons too.  Dannys helping me mont the aftermarket subframe.

next == rear rim,tank,forks done, shock,pc and rears sets.

Super Dave

Meeting got moved to today.  Just got back from Mid-America Motorplex about 30 minutes ago.  Had some time to see my dad in Omaha.  He's not doing so well.  Supposed to go to the doctor tomorrow.  We'll see from there.

I've got lots of fingers crossed for lots of things.  Glad your bike is working!   ;D
Super Dave