News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

New Dunlop's anybody use them?

Started by Jeff, March 16, 2005, 05:36:38 AM

Jeff

Wondering if anybody had a chance to jump on the new multi-compound Sportmax GP...

Time for a decision...

Dunlops
Michelins
Dunlops
Michelins

hmmmm  bridgestone offers a very affordable tire...

Dunlops
Michelins
Dunlops
Michelins
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Decreasing_Dave

QuoteWondering if anybody had a chance to jump on the new multi-compound Sportmax GP...

Time for a decision...

Dunlops
Michelins
Dunlops
Michelins

hmmmm  bridgestone offers a very affordable tire...

Dunlops
Michelins
Dunlops
Michelins

I know you didn't FORGET Pirelli, you know, the tire that won at Daytona......

spyderchick

I've got LOTS of Dunlop patches... ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Jeff

QuoteI know you didn't FORGET Pirelli, you know, the tire that won at Daytona......

Yawn...  That's like saying "why bother racing anything other than Dunlops.  There are more races won on Dunlops than any other tire on the market!"

Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Dawn

I heard that Pirelli's were kinda hard to get last year in the MW.  We'll see what this year holds.

Michelins

Dawn   ;)

Super Dave

QuoteYawn...  That's like saying "why bother racing anything other than Dunlops.  There are more races won on Dunlops than any other tire on the market!"

Where?  MotoGP?

Super Dave

OmniGLH

I don't remember what you were on last year... but I sampled the new Michelins at Daytona and they are a huge improvement over last year (and I liked them last year, too.)

All the hype you heard last fall from Rosno and others?  It's true.

Nice thing is that the tire sizes are the same between Dunlop and the new Michelin (for the most part, anyways...)  Can't decide? Try 'em both out.
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

Jeff

Ask dunlop, not me...  They're the one making the claim...
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

OmniGLH

Well, Dunlop is the most popular tire in AMA roadracing, isn't it?  All the factory teams are on 'em.  

I think Dunlop is also still the shiz in MX.  It's been a few years but I used to LOVE the K695s.
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

Jeff

Yep, I did hear that the Mich's were the same size as the Lops, so setup should be similar.

Regardless, I'll be on a new bike, so I'd rather setup with the tires I intend to run all year.  I'm pretty well sold on Michelins after an overwhelming amount of data within the last 3 days.  I was just curious as to the new lops...

Oh yeah...  I'm a creature of habit.  I've been on lops exclusively for the last 5 years...
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Lowe119

Does Michelin have their "instant on" tyres yet?

I switched to Michelins last year and didn't know that it took longer to scuff them in. It was almost a bad thing  :-[

Jeff

Good question...  The other 2 "issues" mentioned were time to warm up, and the (years past) michelin high-side, where the tires would simply let go when they went vice 'fading away'...
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest