News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

SW Scoring Problems

Started by L8brake731, March 08, 2005, 09:46:45 AM

L8brake731

We all had to deal with the problems associated with the NEW transponder system, didn't receive lap times  :(. Oh well, I know that can be fixed. ;D

My guess is that it made it a bit harder for the scorers all day also.

I've NEVER had a problem with CCS's scorers in three years, but this weekend was truly different.

First race for SW Region on Sunday morning was just about on time with the schedule. 1st race was GTL/GTU (scary :o), provisional posting for RACE NUMBER 1 was 2:20, and of course the FINAL Post was 2:50pm. We all new there was some difficulty that day with scoring due to the delay in the race results; my crew had checked for the results for race #1 up until lunch (which was also delayed, about 1:25pm), thne moved on to prep for my other races.

When my crew and some of the other racers noticed there was a descrepancy in the posting, it was by the rule book, way too late to protest the results.

I approached Heidi on the issue with the scoring and got the run down on the rules and also the history of how qualified the scorers were.  >:(

On a normal race weekend, we all can count on the results being post quite expeditiously and acurrately, this weekend was by far different. In our 25 minute race, the final result as I saw it and also my competitors did was; Jim Davis(1st), Me(2nd), Al Harris(3rd) and Appelbaum (sp?)(4th). The final according to CCS was Jim Davis, Al Harris, Appelbaum and Me.

This was not the only mistake; I found later, after we had all packed up, were out the gate collecting our trophies that our LW Superbike race was in error also. I took a 3rd in that race and was handed a 1st place trophie ???. I made a comment to the person and was told there was nothing she could do about it :-[.

I am not quite sure on how to recetify this error as it has to do with points, contingency and above all the earnest standings in a given race. ???

The best is yet to come; at the end of the day, the last three races were not scored and we (racers) were informed that we could pick up our trophies at the next race >:( Someone tell me how to check results and to file a possible protest if the results are not in until who knows when ??? ???

If this happened to 2 of my LW races, my guess is that is might have occured in some others. Haven't received race 12 yet also...... ???

I feel that due to the time frame of the posting; the final result and acceptance of a protest must be heard by CCS, half an hour or not >:(

What to do?
S. Fukiage
CCS/ASRA  #731

spyderchick

If the race director is not available to you for discussion of the problems, you'll need to write or call Kevin Elliott and let him know your concerns. It's important to note that this is the "unofficial" forum for CCS, which means any questions, concerns and problems need to be addressed directly to the main office.

Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

L8brake731

Thanks Alexa, I will be hammering off an emai to Kevin today expressing my concerns regarding last weekend.

I just posted this to let others know to check their results also so this does not snowball.

As I stated; this is unusual for Randy's group.
S. Fukiage
CCS/ASRA  #731

spyderchick

That's good. I mention the "unofficial" thing because some here don't understand that CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis. Then they get upset when there's no repsonse.

You seem pretty calm and collected. Good luck for the season. Sounds like you're doing pretty well so far.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

MZGirl

I'd contact Randy directly and see what he says:  ccssw@msn.com

I know that LW GP got messed up as well.  I finished right behind Zac (was on his tail at the line), but they had him as 3rd and me as 6th.  There's not as many racers in the LW classes, so it's a bit easier for us to keep track of each other.

rotoboge

Still waiting to see the results of race #13,
as the flagger was confusing racers that were
in the lead spots. I know I finished 2nd, but
the guy behind me went another lap after
the checkered flag? ???

Like one said, it's unusual for Randy's crew. ;)

L8brake731

FYI

I did contact Randy, he assured me that they (his crew) have been on this since Monday and does apologize for this fiasco. :-[

He said they are working hard on the results before the finals are posted by Kevin Elliot. ;D

I offered to them, any input from our side that might help could be given also.

S. Fukiage
CCS/ASRA  #731