simple question that I don't know the answer to

Started by Nosquidz, March 06, 2005, 06:31:41 PM

Nosquidz

In order to safety wire the axle nut on the front of my bike would I have to drill a hole in the fork?  That's the only option I have unless some of you veterans out there have a better answer!  :-)
   Also, hose clamps.  The pinch-type and the screw-type - how in the hell do you safety wire those?  
   As you can tell I'm a newbie to this safety wire thing and am trying to get race-prepped.  Any help is greatly appreciated!  Thanks

pnther15

Do not drill into your fork!  What bike do you have???  That would help....

Dave
Lithium Motorsports,  Suspension Solutions, Vortex, and VP Fuels

H-man

Ibid on telling us what bike you have in order to assit ya with the axle nut.

As for the hoses, what I have is safety wire wrapped around the end of the brake line (or through the screw type clamp) then secured to a stationary part in the direction the hose/line was leading.  

Hope that makes sense to you.  Unfortunately I won't be able to provide a .jpg of this until next week.

H-man
Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

"Life has a certain flavor for those who have fought and risked all that the sheltered and protected can never experience."  - John Stuart Mill

Nosquidz

Protein Filled

Just drill the 2 pinch bolts and safety wire them together. No need to drill into the axle.

For the hose clamps, there is usually enough room to insert a piece of safety wire in the screw area. I tighten down the clamp and then pass the safety wire through there.
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

Rick Beggs

too much wire is never a problem, but there is no ccs rule that you wire the clamps, it says wire or clamps
ccs does not require any wiring of the axles, but it is a d**n good idea
RICK BEGGS
RnRCycles VPLubricants TuckerPowerSports FullSpectrumPower MotoLiberty RSTaichi AraiHelmet EBCBrakes EvansCoolant EVS DIDChains MaacoSterling ArmourBodies LextekMotorcycle WoolichRacing Woodcraft JTSprockets ZeroGravityRacing PitBull Lapking ChickenHawk PodiumMotorsportsPirelli