Started by Speedballer347, February 03, 2005, 11:04:35 PM

Super Dave

I can't seem to find it...

Brian?  Where's it at?

racerhall69@hotmail.com

Hit Brian right there...
Super Dave

Super Dave

QuoteBut in reality, the less skilled the rider the more HP helps.  And I have the throttle control to ride a literbike.

Don't agree.

Really, really fast guys struggle with the new big fast bikes.  

Do you think that you could keep up with Denning or Jensen when you're riding a 1000 when they are on 600's?  Likely not.

There have been some good examples of lesser riders not going any faster on 1000's when compared to their 600's.  If you're gonna "control" the 1000's throttle more, which really means the traction, right, you're not gonna be able to exploit it's ability immediately after the apex.  

But, you have to make the decision.

Your Honda might be fast, but it isn't the newer stuff;  it's really all alone anymore now.

Super Dave

Thingy

I would get the 750.  Here is my input.

I use to have a 750.  Now I have a 1000.  I wish that I had my 750 back.

1) The 1000s are harder to ride.  There is the throttle control thing, and I agree with Supah Dave.  There is also the fact that it is harder to muscle around.  I couldn't believe how much affect the extra gyrospopic forces made.

2) 1000s INHALE tires.  Alot faster than on my 750.  I'm not one of the fastest guys out there and I still go through a rear every hour or so of track time.

3) Less classes to ride with a 1000.  Plus, most of them are purse classes, so you end up paying the higher price for entry fees.  For example, last year I raced all 3 classes that the 1000 was legal for.  The pricing structure made it $70 for each race.  With a 750, you could race four classes and it would still cost less.

4) I also had a friend that I raced with last year.  He would hound me all over the place when he was on his 600 and I was on my 1000.  However, he said that he went SLOWER when he rode his 1000.

5) As mentioned earlier, parts availability is way better for a GSX-R.  (One plus for Yamaha is that Stock Parts from a dealer are cheaper for the Yamaha compared to the Suzuki.)  But, when looking for race parts or used parts, which you will be doing, you would be better off with a Suzuki.

Don't worry about your buddy with the ZX-10.  Get the 750 and then embarass him at every track except Road America.
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

Super Dave

Super Dave

Speedballer347

Thanks for all the advice guys...I really appreciate it(!)
I checked the link SD, and the bike looks dynamite.  Just out of my budget.

But I will definately be looking for an 04/750.
Thanks again fellas! 8)
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing