News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Nominations 4 Woman of the Year

Started by spyderchick, February 03, 2005, 06:41:16 AM

B_M_K

Ike,

You should nominate your cook(s). I always knew where to head this last season for breakfast.

Brandon

spyderchick

QuoteI LOVE ALLLLLLLLLLLL THE LOVING LADIES at the track!!!

Cant take anything away from ANY ONE OF EM!!!!!

but

AMY DIAZ       is THE ONE !!!!

You'll surely Read about the winning write up!!!  
yep, from ME, Chef!!!

I'll probably write a few nominations...  It'll be close...
Lexa...
Rhi-Rhi   :-*
Dawn...
Jen (Jef4y)
Purks wife..
Super_Dave  (oh, drag dont count...)   ;D

IIIIKKKE!!! Sexy baby...where you been? Just send me a nice little email letting me know who you think is deserving.  :-* ;) ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Super Dave

Wear a thong once, or twice, and look what happens...LOL!
Super Dave

Chef

QuoteIke,

You should nominate your cook(s). I always knew where to head this last season for breakfast.

Brandon

And people WONDER WHY I TRY TO KEEP MY MOUTH CLOSED!!!

this is a D E A EF INATE TRICK!!!!

(how could you not mention your OWN people?!?!)

I better delete that earlier post!!!

Tho I personally like being in trbl with the ladies
 ::)
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

K3 Chris Onwiler

This is impossible, actually.  I was fortunate enough to be ahead of the rest of you on this award concept, because I helped Alexa get the information she needed for her presentation of the inaugural award to Cindi.  One thing Alexa told me at the time was that she did not envision this award ever being given to a woman racer.  Racing itself is just a damn selfish activity, and Alexa was looking more toward rewarding women with selfless dedication to the sport.
 There are so many awesome women at the track, how could you nominate one without dishonoring the rest?  Alexa has taken herself out of the running by being the one giving the award, which immediatly nixes my first nomination choice.  I can think of ten women just in the Midwest staff and corner crew who deserve lifetime achievement awards for all they've done.  Then you look around the pits, and there are so many outstanding women in supporting roles for riders out there.
I guess that I'd personally have to nominate Dawn Buxton, because she plays track mom to half the racers at the event, me included.  Of course I'm talking with my heart here.  Removing the emotion, I know of other women who have been around much longer and working just as hard.  Some women are vitally important, but have so little ego that they become practically invisible.  Need an example?  How about Barb Key?  The truth is, Alexa has opened up a real can of worms for herself here!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Mark Bernard

I nominate Becky... Without her, I would never make 3rd call! She ROCKS!
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

spyderchick

QuoteThis is impossible, actually. ... The truth is, Alexa has opened up a real can of worms for herself here!

Maybe, maybe not. You are right, a lot of women deserve this award. :D

I don't really think that it's how many years you've been out there, either, I think it's about the dedication and the spirit. I'm sure that over time, there are going to be some more popular or less popular choices, but all in all, I hope that the women out there feel honored by just being considered for the award. Even though it's been a brief time that this has been posted, there are the same names cropping up over and over. We'll see how that goes throughout the season.  

While my team will be helping to make the final decision for next year's recipient, I really want the input from others involved in racing. I only deal with the women that I talk to regularly, and there are many, many others whom I've heard about, but don't know personally. And if we know anything, racers have strong opinions.  ;)

Keep those cards and letters coming.  ;)
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

mike_rbm

QuoteThanksĀ I promise to give a hell of speech if I win
First - Get lost Dan!

Second - Dawn or Tiffany? Both awesome. Both a tremendous help. Hmmmm?

K3 Chris Onwiler

Yes, if I had to vote with both my brain and my heart, it would be for my beloved teammate Dawn.  But there are so many women deserving of this award, I'd still feel like I'd shorted many others....
If only there were this many really good choices when we vote for the politicians who govern us! :P
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

B_M_K

Quote(how could you not mention your OWN people?!?!)

I was just trying to help you. There are definitely some ladies in the MSC and CCS staff that are very deserving. How many racers depend on Claudia getting out their lap times for example.

Or there is always your favorite person Karya.

Brandon

Super Dave

Super Dave

the_weggie_man

Alexa, put this name at the top of your list. Jan Bloom, the ex track manager at BHF, ran the concessions for many years, corner worker, all around hard worker that would do anything we asked for the bike racers, her favorite people. She has moved guard rail, and cut trees for more run off when I requested it from the track owners. She took EMT training just to help with the bike races. Jan always made sure we had whatever we needed for the Wegman Auctions. She has done so much for so long but always in the background where no one noticed. She has been part of Blackhawk Farms for a very long time (over 25 years that I know of).

She hasn't worked for the track for several years but she still comes out to help corner work. This from a lady who is now 65 years old. She is deserving of this award.