Nominations 4 Woman of the Year

Started by spyderchick, February 03, 2005, 06:41:16 AM

spyderchick

OK folks...here's your chance to really think about the women at the track who make a difference.

If you attended the MW banquet, you know that Spyder Leatherworks is sponsoring an award for "Woman of the Year". This award is to honor a female within the sport who has had positive and lasting impact on the sport.

The first award went to Cindi Singer, Starter extraordinaire, and all around fabulous lady. K3 wrote an article about her acheivments and history in Chicagoland Motorsports news. Maybe I can get him to post it here.

This year I'll be accepting nominations throughout the season for the 2005 honoree. You can email me or snail mail me a brief letter describing why you think that any special female you know would be a good candidate for this award. All of my contact info can be found on my website:  //www.spyderleatherworks.com

There are so many women who have a real impact on this sport that I'm sure all of you can think of at least one special lady deserving of this award. What a great way to say "thank you" to those who might not otherwise get recognized.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Protein Filled

I vote for Dan (Cornercamping) for being able to annoy us all non-stop and with conviction!...

nah, actually, I do have a serious question. Is this award open to CCS staff or any woman that is involved in motorcycle roadracing?

Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

spyderchick

Absolutely. Staff, wives, girlfriends, moms, grandmas...
If she's female and involved somehow in racing, she's a candidate. (how cool is that?) There's a lot of women out there who don't get paid a dime to help out the way they do. This is just one small token to show some appreciation.

Note: Super Dave in a thong does not qualify, nor does any other male racer in female apparel.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

Dawn

QuoteNote: Super Dave in a thong does not qualify, nor does any other male racer in female apparel.

Dang....

Now I'm going to have to think about this longer.....

;D

spyderchick

QuoteDang....

Now I'm going to have to think about this longer.....

;D

No...what you need to do is put an elbow into your hubby as a subtle hint.  ;) ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

Protein Filled

QuoteAbsolutely. Staff, wives, girlfriends, moms, grandmas...
If she's female and involved somehow in racing, she's a candidate. (how cool is that?) There's a lot of women out there who don't get paid a dime to help out the way they do. This is just one small token to show some appreciation.

Note: Super Dave in a thong does not qualify, nor does any other male racer in female apparel.

So can we nominate you?  ;D (counting my brownie points...)
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

spyderchick

Sure..what the heck, then I can forget about the whole speech-giving thing.  :o ;) ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

K3 Chris Onwiler

Hell, I nominate Tiffany!  (After seven seasons, I certianly know who I need to be schmoozing....)
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

EM JAY

Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

cornercamping

QuoteI vote for Dan (Cornercamping) for being able to annoy us all non-stop and with conviction!...

Thanks  :)   I promise to give a hell of speech if I win  ;) ;D

cornercamping

QuoteI vote for Paris Hilton.   ;D

Me too  :D   Can we play her video for a few minutes like they do at the Oscars  ;D  I have it on DVD for the awards presentation  ;D ;D ;D

Chef

I LOVE ALLLLLLLLLLLL THE LOVING LADIES at the track!!!

Cant take anything away from ANY ONE OF EM!!!!!

but

AMY DIAZ       is THE ONE !!!!

You'll surely Read about the winning write up!!!  
yep, from ME, Chef!!!

I'll probably write a few nominations...  It'll be close...
Lexa...
Rhi-Rhi   :-*
Dawn...
Jen (Jef4y)
Purks wife..
Super_Dave  (oh, drag dont count...)   ;D
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.