News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Big thanks to Lithium Motorsports!

Started by K3 Chris Onwiler, January 14, 2005, 04:19:42 PM

K3 Chris Onwiler

Sigh.  I just sent an obcene pile of money to Lithium Motorsports today.  Of course, it could have been a much more obcene pile, But Rob is taking really good care of me.
I'm starting my seventh year of racing in 2005.  I've had a bit of success, but I'm not really one of the local big dogs.  When I go hunting for sponsorship, I hear "No" a lot.
Lithium Motorsports has been helping me out for a while, though.  Rob really believes in what I'm trying to do through my writing to popularize the sport.  This SV that I'm building is an instrumental part of the new book that I'm writing.  The book will be aimed at track day and racer newbies.  Aside from tons of hard knocks info, I am covering the buildup of the SV from salvage to track, in words and pictures.  Aside from the help that they've given me on prices, once all the parts are collected the crew at Lithium is also going to help me build the bike.  I could handle this myself, but the pictures will look much more professional when taken in Lithium's spotless, state-of-the-art shop.  I didn't even ask for this favor.  Rob just offered it to me, in an attempt to make my new book better.
If you're doing some freshening on your bike or building a new one, why don't you give Lithium Motorsports a call.  They're awesome people to work with, and passionate racers just like us!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

stumpy

I second that! Not only does Rob call me everynight and sing me to sleep he also is flying me out to Vegas to take Freddie Spencers 3 day pro school! How cool is that! I'm really excited for he 05' season to begin. And remember now is the time to "freshen" up your forks and shock, Get it to them while the gettin' is good.

Stumpy
Greg "Stumpy" Steltenpohl
www.teamstumpyracing.com

Protein Filled

Damn, and I thought all the help and great work they did for me was just because they liked me! I guess this means they will do it for anyone...

Hey Stumpy, you gotta see the forks that Lithium just did for me. They are just awesome! Ohlins internals and all. You better bring your A-game next year. Now that you are not only #1, but Lockhart Phillips "Privateer of the Year", we are all going to be gunning for you!
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

stumpy

Oh don't you worry, the Stumpster's gonna take care of business next year! I'm gonna put my Michelin-shod Lithium Motorsports Honda 600rr backed by LP, wearing leathers did-up good by Spyder Leather works, sweet Oxstar boots & Held Gloves, Taking Sea coast vitamins, Using a Nokia phone, tricked out with a Viosport on-board camera, Wearing my Old Navy boxers on top the Podium! :o  (Just practicing my speech for when I'm on the Podium)

Bring it don't sing it!
(geez where did the no S'hit talkin' stumpy go?)
Benji would be proud!

Stumpy
Greg "Stumpy" Steltenpohl
www.teamstumpyracing.com

Thingy

Hey K3, it sounds like you will be making some trips back and forth.  If you ever need to crash for the night half-way in between, you have a free place to stay in Cedar Rapids.
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

racerhall

both of you better watch out, i just got one of my new bikes today and had a pep talk with it and we both agree that #1 plate would look good on it ;D
Midwest ccs #69
asra #69
ama #66
www.schaumburgaudi.com

Protein Filled

oooooh, it's getting kind of crowded in here... ;D ;D
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

r1owner

Quotehe also is flying me out to Vegas to take Freddie Spencers 3 day pro school! How cool is that!

Stumpy

VERY cool!!! I'd love to take that school.  Please post a write up on it when you get back.

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteHey K3, it sounds like you will be making some trips back and forth.  If you ever need to crash for the night half-way in between, you have a free place to stay in Cedar Rapids.
Thanks for the offer, Thingy!  Isn't that where Lonny lives, too?  Sounds like a get-together to me!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Thingy

Lonnie lives about 50 minutes north of me.  Speaking of Lonnie, I better return his incessant phone calls...  :)
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

LMsports

Thanks for all the support everyone! R1, we will definitely post a write up about the school, we are all really pumped!

We absolutely EAT, LIVE, and BREATHE racing and it is the best compliment in the world to get this kind of feedback from racers. We'll do everything we possibly can to provide the very best support possible to racers no matter what. Thanks again!
Rob Oliva
Lithium Motorsports, Inc.
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747
www.lithiummotorsports.net

Nate R

K3, can you email me your phone # at sales@motosliders.com?

I want to continue what we talked about at the banquet......  ;D
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(