News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Team Challange solo?????

Started by wizard, January 04, 2005, 05:07:21 PM

wizard

it was mentioned in the mailer any word on it yet??????

speedster_1

Isn't that an oxymoron?  Team and Solo!

I must have missed that in the mailer...  ???

wizard

hahah  yea you are right!

gues its solo challange

r6_philly

I am hoping they do run this and treat it as a class... I may be up to doing this all year :D

CCS

It is something that has come up from time to time, a rider wanting to run the whole race by themselves. The problem is that the Team Challenge is a Team event, and that Overall Points are where the season bonus is paid from, and do you allow the "Solo" class to be scored in the overall, or are they just racing on the day, against only the other "Solo" riders? or are they eligible for the whole thing? That is what we don't have an answer for yet.
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

Super Dave

Kevin, if I can be so bold to give an opinion...

LOL!

Ok, now that you've got up off the floor...

It would be cool to have the Solo guys competing against each other individually, and for the overall.

So, you race in Solo against all the guys riding solo scored that way.  Then you've got all the GTO, GTU, GTL teams scored in their classes.

Then do an overall between the GTO, GTU, GTL and solo...with a big purse of about..

a million dollars...

Yeah, and Morgan Fairchild will be the trophy girl.

(I don't want to know what the entry fee would be.)

Seriously, the stuff above the million dollars might be cool.

Can I get a retro payment for my nearly solo ride at MAM in the heat? ;D
Super Dave

r6_philly

It would be really nice to have a solo class mixed in with the other 3 with a points championship and fund. I would seriously consider entering every round that I make it to. Daytona is a definite.

We were going to run TC before but doing it on a sprint bike is just not such a great idea being no one wants to crash someone else's sprint bike and we didn't have good enough reason to put hard to come by money together for a endurance bike.

So if this is not offered I Would have to recruit a friend to do one lap so I can get back on and continue, but then it wouldn't be much of a fair race because we are loosing quite some time in doing that. It would just become track time. It would be nice to get that 200k track time while still competing for something.

If no solo class is offered, can there be a rule change to allow one manditory pit stop (instead of rider change?) of course I Rather see solo class.

scottg22

QuoteYeah, and Morgan Fairchild will be the trophy girl.

Dave you are showing your age here....  is she like 55 years old now??

:-)

Super Dave

LOL, hey, aren't you close to me in age?

You got your plans set for this year?  I was thinking about what you did in 2004, and if that would lead to something similar for this year.

How's the family?
Super Dave