News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

05 CCS schedule

Started by r6_philly, December 28, 2004, 06:28:47 PM

r6_philly

so it is out ...
http://venus.roadracingworld.com/roadracingworld/scripts/NewsInsert.asp?insert=11296

I wish CCS would update its own website before sending out press release ...

2 HUGE questions:

1. Where is VIR in april? the traditional MA/SE (aside from daytona) season opener is no more? That would suck, 2 summit point then FUSA at VIR.

2. Shenendoah? really? 2 weekends? What if the track, after mods, still turn out to be un-racable. Would be cancelled like last year?

it would be nice if the press release break down the regions or have the schedule posted on CCS website.

I could 8 rounds of Mid-A, without both daytonas. Maybe add a roebling, but with 2 shen. and a barber in there. So 4 summits and 2 VIR's. This schedule really skimmed down from 2 years ago! We should go to VIR 4 times and summit twice... well we may end up going only twice agian because of the shenendoah...

mmm

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quoteso it is out ...
http://venus.roadracingworld.com/roadracingworld/scripts/NewsInsert.asp?insert=11296

I wish CCS would update its own website before sending out press release ...

Actually the schedule has been available, it was included in the renewal newsletter that's been online for a couple weeks now. This was on another thread about the upcoming season.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Burt Munro

Has the schedule changed from the one posted Dec 1st?   Gateway isn't on the version posted Dec 28th on RRW!
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Super Dave

Well, damned if they do, damned if they don't.

People want schedules, but with the far reaching problems with individual contracts, some dates don't get finalized until after others do, the schedule isn't completely set.  

I usually didn't have contracts from Blackhawk Farms until late January to February.  

I thought that a whole lot of "squeeky wheels" didn't want the early VIR date because of poor weather.  Similar to that we didn't want the early Blackhawk...except our problem was snow and ice.  Didn't stop us completely from racing, though.
Super Dave

TiffineyIngram

Dafan-as others have said, the schedule has been available since around Thanksgiving.  You just had to know where to look, and since several people posted links to it here, I don't think you would have had a problem finding it.
To answer your questions:
1--There is no VIR in April because the track took away one of our dates, one of WERA's and as you all know, the AMA date in September so they could run more BMW racing.  It isn't that we didn't want to be there at all, weather is usually beautiful there in April (FYI-I did cut my honeymoon short so I could drive there for the April race in 2003).
2--The Summit staff assures us that the changes can and will be made.  Kevin has made several trips out there and with a select few racers, they ran the course for several hours.  We have every reason to believe that Summit will do everything neccessary for safety.
Press releases are not made for racers, they are made for information sources.  It would not make sense to break it down region by region for this purpose.  It is listed in date order so that the information sources, such as RRW can know the year at a glance.  The regional break down of the schedule is in the mailer and online.
Rick-I wish I had an answer for you.  :(

r1owner

QuoteHas the schedule changed from the one posted Dec 1st?   Gateway isn't on the version posted Dec 28th on RRW!
Gateway in early April?  I think it could be a big snow and ice fest anyway.  I want to race there, but I won't be pre-entering! ;)  ;D

speedster_1

No vir in april sucks!   :P

tstruyk

of course it is mid 50's right now in st louis... 60's tomorrow.  

weather in st louis is like a box o' chocolates.....

I really hope it is on the schedule, its the only date I dont have to travel for and it fits in well right between my bach party and the wedding  ;D
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

r1owner

QuoteI really hope it is on the schedule, its the only date I dont have to travel for and it fits in well right between my bach party and the wedding  ;D

Oh yeah, nothing nicer than getting up (from your own bed) at 7:15 and being at the track by 7:30 :)

I just wish they had more races there. :(

K3 Chris Onwiler

Ah, Gateway.  Nothing like watching the sun rise over the mountians.... of garbage!
I lost half a season of racing there.  First race of the year, first practice of the day, and I found ice.  Bruised my kidney so badly I didn't ride again until September.
I've also won there....
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

tstruyk

and there is nothing quite like wrapped out in 3rd gear on service rd T-8 that runs you right through a shikane up a nascar bank into a wall....and I dont think I'll ever be truly relaxed firing into T1...and so on and so forth.

but it is REALLY close by!!!  ;D

btw the tigerblade and I decided that we needed a more motorcycle friendly track near st louis, details on the bake sale to come... (thats alot of brownies!!)
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Burt Munro

Tim....

If you find the right recipe for the brownies you might be surprised how much you could sell them for ;)  (Know whatahmean, know whatahmean, nudge nudge, know whatahmean, say no more?) ;D
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!