PROMOTE ROADRACING

Started by Chef, December 06, 2004, 01:09:51 PM

Cornerman

I couldn't agree with you more Chef. It takes alot of people involved and I believe you have some very good thoughts. Money and time and a backing from fellow racers and officials will be the key.But more importantly a public with ears. Instead of squid who think they know everythng about what they ride or how to ride without becoming another number in a statistic.
 I have seen that the AMA has some short comings that our group has picked up slack on. ie. a home for GP and Thunderbike racers. CCS / Formula USA has to really put our heads together to surpass that which is offered by them. Already they have opened up special track days. To bad it isn't available at all venues. I have seen a huge amount of streeters(squid) at Danville but no track day!?
As a veteran Corner Worker I'm all for more exposure to the masses. I believe motorcycle racing has the potential to be as big as it is in other countries. However it seems no one has found the right formula to make it happen here.
I once had the chance to work one of those track days @ CMP in South Carolina. We had a few show up est 15 riders.They ALL had fun and learned more about the sport and some crashed but they learned the lessons of riding on a wet track :o.
Just about every motorcycle shop has shows and special events. That is where I would start first.Not everyone knows where the tracks are.
All the best to your group !
This is great stuff!
Have a Merry Christmas!

Chef

THANKS!!!
not sure if this is who I think it is, But Thanks eitherway!

I know we have to find a way to boost our fan support, and since I am included in that "we", AND since I love road racing I will be interested in working towards just that..

live to race
race to live

40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.