News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

PROMOTE ROADRACING

Started by Chef, December 06, 2004, 01:09:51 PM

Chef

To the entire Road Racing Community,
  Please read below, This is intended in effort to advertise Road Racing to the general public on a wider scale, in order to increase fan base and in order to increase sponsor interest...
(This is a suggestion that WE, THE RACERS AND TEAMS, put whatever time that we can into giving back to our own Communities by BASICALLY, first showing the interest (and being present) and then invite them out to witness 1st hand someone they (now) know (got that from Super_DAVE) performing in our particular field of ENTERTAINMENT...)

#1 STUNNA'S MOTORSPORTS CLUB
presents
#1 VEHICLE CONSIDERATION NETWORK

#1V.C.N. INAGGURATION:
The #1 VCN Propose to set up sites throughout the Chicagoland area and eventually the U.S. where EVERYONE can COME, JOIN, RECEIVE, and FORWARD "SAFETY AWARENESS" information.  

The #1 STUNNA'S MOTORSPORTS CLUB is a HIGH PROFILE club that aims to utilize our influence through numerous connections with CITY and COMMUNITY LEADERS. We are non-for-profit, and the major focus is SAFETY AND EDUCATION FOR THE MASSES. We are excited with our position in the community, and aim to exploit our "attention demanding¨  "STUNNA STYLE¨.
Our leadership consists of mature professionals who are seasoned inner city motorcycle riders, as well as, licensed racers. We BELIEVE the old adage "IT TAKES A VILLAGE TO RAISE A CHILD¨. The #1 Stunna's have assembled, now over 200, responsible adults, generally from the inner city, where we have yearned for improvements in leadership in several areas of concern. Now in a position to assist, we are eager to spread INFORMATION AND EDUCATION concerning the following topics via television, radio, newspaper, magazine, word of mouth, and OUR OWN, #1 VEHICLE CONSIDERATION NETWORK PROGRAM (classes and schedules in the makings)  
* MOTORCYCLE DEATHS, ACCIDENTS AND AWARENESS:
#1VCN looks to educate the motorcyclist on the limitations of todays motorcycles. Help riders understand their personal skill levels, improve them and prepare mentally to operate within said limits.
  We aim to create an "easy" access to race tracks for those who are interested.
* PEDESTRIANS HIT IN STREETS:
  #1VCN is prepared to educate pedestrians (children, up to seniors) surrounding "automobile on pedestrian" accidents that have caused the loss of lives. We aim to work with drivers, new and old, in the consideration and awareness of pedestrians.
* DRIVERS CUTTING INTO FASTER LANES:
 #1VCN feels the need to enlighten the general driving public that there is a term called "closing speed" where some drivers merge into a lane where, let's say, a semi-truck/tractor-trailer is "closing in" on the same space at a much faster pace than the vehicle entering the lane.
* CARS TURN LEFT INTO ONCOMING TRAFFIC:
 More motorcycle accidents are caused by cars making left hand turns at intersections than any other instance.
#1VCN wants this fact to spread more than any other!!!  AWARENESS and EDUCATION is the Key!
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

motomadness

Chef

:)
Hey, This is, of course, written in Chicago Style "LINGO", and can obviously be re-written for each application or audience...

MY street bike club, the #1 Stunna's, (http://stunnastyle.com/forums/portal.php)(http://numberonestunnas.com/Page.html)
Actually has a Stunt team (imagine that) ::)
and will work to find a way from here to your town in the case that it may be deemed neccessary for lessay.. attention grabbing entertainment..

I know that a lot of us dont care particularly about squids and or Harley guys, but a bunch of us come from those groups to Road Racing...

It would HAVE to be US bikers (ALL) who get together to make a "major" difference...
(yeah, we work individually and in small groups and it can work for some of us, for a while, but what about the big picture?... Do you think our sport has as much entertainment value as any?)

Do you think we can all work together and possibly have Mladin, Miggie, Ben and or Eric, Nicky (the BIG superstars)... maybe create a MAJOR pipeline, that when Val, Sete, Max and even the WSB guys come over they'll take a minute to promote safety (and Road Racing?) Yeah, we CAN, but will we, and how?

And to also add, This again is something "IN THE MAKINGS" not quite solidified, but very close!

Ike
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

Chef

cornercamping

You forgot something Chef:  General Respect twards cyclists, which is a major issue.  You can read about my horrible experiance that ended my street riding by clicking on the link below.  My username back then was NOTFAY.

http://ducsunlimited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=510&highlight=dan&sid=4d902d3484c32a2fa63930ff8d7f0ba6

Chef

SEE!!

And this is how "working Together" goes...

You would be SUPER as a special guest, passing out your race posters and asking community leaders to help bring kids to the races for great entertainment and a safer riding atmosphere!

And looking into the future, wouldnt it be nice to start getting more youngsters involved?

Yeah, it's prob been done before and worked on and worked on, but do we quit? or pick up the torch from or predecessors (you spell it)
 :P

cornercamping

The best way I could see getting the "community" involved is by "forcing" them into it.

Here's an example...

Usually cops give "stunters" and street riders a hard time right?  Well, instead of a cop handing out tickets when a cyclist does something wrong, hand them a flier, along with their ticket if they actually deserve it.  If I was a cop, that's what I would do.  That's the perfect time to inform them, and you've got their full attention. Even better, if judges and such got involved by making risky street riders take a class of some sort.  Kinda like, pay your ticket, and report to the racetrack.  :)

They do it with cars.  I had to retake drivers ed. once when I got a 20 over ticket in a car.  Why not do the same for bikes?   Get the media involved, and you have some cycle oriented attention that doesn't consist of showing death rates and people pulling wheelies.

I've yet to ever see a positive impact the media has put on street cyclists.  It's usally about someone drag racing and someone losing it at 100+ mph.  

Bike cops would be a good start.  

Chef

Thats EXELLENT!!!

1st, We do have immature riders on the streets, but who can reach a motorcyclist better than a motorcyclist with more experience... or maybe a big group of motorcyclist, some of whom stunt too, but only in competition.. or mostly in competition..

I'm sure the pro stunters or the XSBA guys pull wheelies on the street too, but if NO-ONE is making an effort to show the street stunters the way to organized competition, where will we be in 10 years?

OR, If it takes 10 years to get the job done, but NO-ONE ever gets started on it, when does it get done...

The Judge and cop thing, I see to be possible, We have cops in our growing club and I see very good things coming from the work we are doing in that direction..
We have Very professional speakers throughout Road Racing from riders to Clear Channel to MotoGP...
If the little guys team up (the "semi-pro" guys), and get some pro guys to assist, I dont see why we cant promote street safety, and at the same time Road Racing (Our club has a Motorcycle Drag Race team and looks forward to Auto Racing as well)

And I didnt mention that Our Club's founder and President, Reese, along with Tez (most know), started me racing, but put his racing on hold a couple years ago...

YOU are helping tho, I think a well dressed, well mannered, elloquent speaker, standing in front of a well organized group of safety concerned motorcyclist
can make a difference...

cornercamping

QuoteYOU are helping tho, I think a well dressed, well mannered, elloquent speaker, standing in front of a well organized group of safety concerned motorcyclist
can make a difference...

Are you talking about me here  ???

Chef

;D ;D ;D :D

Well The position is open, but I was mentioning the Idea helping, and it seemed to run into the next thought...

Maybe we'll take turns, and whomever seems to do the best can have it...

maybe ;)

cornercamping

<clears throat>   May I remind you that I am a business professional here.  <cough>

;D :P

cornercamping

I'll do what I can.  I could help get some of "Corporate America" involved.  The company I work for is based in Crete, IL, and the "operations" side is in downtown Chicago.  I also happen to know a few people that retail some pretty high end vehicles/bikes in downtown Chicago.  They throw quite a few private parties for special functions.  Last time I was down there, I ended up drunk and walked over to the Hard Rock, and then somehow ended up in Compusa   ???  I dunno I got there, but oh well.  ???  I also pee'd on the tire of some guys Ferrari  ;D  

Oohhh... the Christmas parties, can't wait  ;D