News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

RC51 Thermostat

Started by Bernie, December 02, 2004, 07:00:07 PM

Bernie

I think the thermostat has died on my (streetbike) 2001 RC51.  I'm not much of a mechanic, but this seems pretty easy.  Uh, anybody know where on that thing I might find the thermostat?

Thanks!!

Super Dave

I think that it's bolted under a cover with fluid behind it...

8)

Ok, I don't know, Bernie.

But it needs to be close to the cylinders to keep the temp consistent.  And it's got to keep the temp consistent between both of them.  Let me see if I can as my friend in California....
Super Dave

Super Dave

Here we go...

"right inbetween the two cylinder heads (under the airbox/FI)"

You can thank him here...

http://www.worldmotorcycles.com
Super Dave

Bernie

TLR696CCS

Hey Bernie!
Are you going to race the Tiller again next season??
I miss mine... I am racing WERA Endurance with one of the two ZX6rr's , but of course I will be at CCS events as well. I have been looking at a Duc, just so I can race a twin again..hmmm, take care

Bernie

That is the plan.  I didn't get alot of time in last year due to work.  I'm hoping to do both the TL and some lightwieght stuff on the SV next year.  I just never seemed to be able to get it all together in 2004.  I hope to make alot more dates this next year.  Sounds like your gig is pretty cool with the Kawis.  I'd love to see you back in supertwins though!!!!

I saw a guy out streetriding a Tiller today.  I have never feared/revered, loved/hated, adored/despised any bike like the TL.  I can't wait for next year!