News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Buell Contingency Info anyone???

Started by LMsports, October 03, 2004, 10:59:18 AM

LMsports

Does anyone have or know where to find a comprehensive listing of Buell contingency opportunities? Also, are there any sites out there specifically directed toward race prepping Buell's. We have an outlet for parts etc but I am interested in seeing what else may be out there. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Rob Oliva
Lithium Motorsports, Inc.
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747
www.lithiummotorsports.net

PJ

Here's the press release on Buell's contingency program.

http://buell.com/en_us/news_events/newsdetail.asp?news_id=431

Between the F-USA payback and Buell contingency, Buell racers are competing for a $10,000 purse for each National Thunderbike event (paid back to 15th place). If a Buell racer wins the championship, they also get a $5,000 bonus from Buell. Bryan Bemisderfer won it this year (it was the 5th consecutive F-USA T-bike championship for Buell racers).

Regarding a race prep site, what kind of information are you looking for? RRW did a 5-part article on prepping and racing an XB for the F-USA GT Lights National Championship. And Hal's H-D/Buell (halspa.com) and Innovative Motorcycle Research (racingmotorcycles.com) also offer some info.
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

LMsports

I really appreciate all of your help and suggestions. We have been contacted by a local Harley/Buell dealer that has just added their Buell line and is interested in becoming involved with racing their bikes. We have done some minor work for club racers, bodywork, chain conversions, suspension, etc but nothing on a larger level as of yet. They want to see what they would be getting into to possibly put on a fairly good size effort and I am trying to put together as much info as possible. Your info will help a lot.
Rob Oliva
Lithium Motorsports, Inc.
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747
www.lithiummotorsports.net