News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

summit point shenendoah circuit impressions

Started by r6_philly, September 21, 2004, 08:55:10 PM

r6_philly

on Monday we drove over to the new track and drove around for 30 minutes or so (we were on the main course). There are so many different way of configurations. That was cool. Most turns are tight, off-camper and technical, I don't see you turn anywhere faster than 2nd gear. Which was fun. BUT, walls walls walls! Place is a death trap!!! You just so much as run off the track you will hit some kind of wall. There is NO room for mistakes. There is NOT ONE corner where you will be ok after you crash doing a moderate racing speed. And so many blind sweeper tighening turns make it easy to loose it.

Anyone who runs a motorcycle race there should be shot. And there is NO fixing it. You can see cars driving on the near by roads; you can see oncoming traffic about 50 feet from where you are... ... ... IF they remove any of the walls, you are going to get it trouble otherwise. It seems dangerous to run CARS. and to cut out the section where the banking is (which is like riding a roller coaster, really fun!!!) you will have to speed up to about 120 on the straight, brake up hill toward a crest (where you can't see ANYTHING BUT SKY past it) then make a turn BEFORE you see the turn! by the time you see the turn, you are way past it.

ain't gonna happen. you can't not pay me enough to ride there. Would be PERFECT for a mini race or a go-cart though.

Eric Kelcher

Dafan from your description it looks like you had a few things wrong in track configurations on what was proposed to be run. track would run counterclockwise and the long "front staight" is not part of the race surface it is practice course only. I cannot find a diagram to point out corners.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition