News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

FZ600 info

Started by Ripper, October 20, 2002, 07:52:35 PM

Ripper

LT #334

is that you Chris?

I was the guy on the gs500 in july at summit.

Ray

wera331

yes, thats me.The best time I had was a 1:27, but keep in mind that I'm slow anyway. ;D

wera331

QuoteWhich pic is yours?

Yep, the bike is legal for lightweight sportsman.  I was running a Seca (4cyl aircooled 600) last year before I got my SV.  Anyway, for this year I called Kevin Elliott about getting it legal for Lightweight since it (or I ) couldn't keep up with anyone in middleweight even down the straights.  

Ended up selling it.  But I think the FZ600 would be a neat bike to enter.  I had a Radian for a streetbike (almost the same) and that thing seemed plenty quick for what it was.

# 334,orange,white,buell belly pan ,red windshield

Ripper

Chris, did I read the Summit Pt. CCS results right,did you take the LWSM title this year on the FZ600?

wera331

mid-atlantic and south-east. ;D

Ripper

Chris, I think it's the second to last picture on 5/26/02.It's just a pic of my van (white)parked down in T1.No pics of me or the bike thou.You and I went out in the LWSM wet race.

What you do to the suspension on the FZ?

Ray

Ripper

Very cool on the first place!!! Do you think you can parley that into any local sponsorship?

wera331

my brother got in touch with someone from penske and they put it togather for him. the front is basically stock right now.I'm going to get work done to it I'm just not sure what yet.I thought you were the one i've been speaking with .How did your year end up?I raced in some middle weight sportsman classes also,I was pleased with how I finished.

wera331

QuoteVery cool on the first place!!! Do you think you can parley that into any local sponsorship?
I could only wish.

Ripper

I was mostly doing the LRRS,I wasn't doing to bad.I'ld start on the last row ever race(post entry) and usually take half the field out of 18-24 racers.I got my times down to within a couple of seconds of the leaders.

The big problem was I'ld get stuck behind slower riders and would have a hard time getting by or staying in frt.of them with my all of 40 hp.I'ld often get by some one and they would power by me on the straight and then I'ld to go over the same thing again and again...

Part of the problem was that I needed to improve my own passing skills and over all confidence.It got better thru the year,I ended up taking 7 sec.s of my times over the course of the season.

wera331

A friend of mine is also getting a fz ready for next year,he's going with the change the front end to a f2 front though.go ahead and pick that fz up you'll have a blast.

Ripper

Yeah, I figure if I could get another 20 hp,ooh-la!I'll have a real blast!!!