News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

FZ600 info

Started by Ripper, October 20, 2002, 07:52:35 PM

Ripper

Considering buying an fz600,looking for info,likes, dislikes,upgrades?

Ray

Super Dave

I rode a couple of street FZ's.  Are you going to race it?
Super Dave

Ripper

Yeah,that was the plan.Supposedly the owner had real good success rascing it in LWSM.The fz600 is air/oil cooled right?It seems like it can run in most light weight except for productions and s/s.

Ray

Super Dave

It is air/oil cooled.  I think it can run in SS, but the FZR400's give it a good run for the money.  The SV's are really fast.  I can't tell you if it is legal in LWSM.

The biggest trick, I would think, would be tires.  Stock, it had an 18 rear and a 16 front.  There really isn't any rubber that is race appropriate for those wheels.  You'd need to make sure that it has something else.

How much?  Is it a good deal?
Super Dave

Ripper

If it's air/oil cooled then it does quailify for LWSM.The price is $600.00 and he's got a huge spares bin,3 motors,fzr frt.end.I'm considering this because it seems like the cheapest way to 60 hp,so I can run with the fzr's,sv's,ex's.I was racing a gs500 this year and although a great bike to learn on is not very competative,especially if the track's got a long straight, like summit pt.

The problem with s/s is it needs to stay in mostly stock form and like you said the 16/18 rim combo just doesn't cut it.

Ray

wera331

I've got an f2 rear wheel and a katana front wheel, we also fitted gsxr calipers.check the mid-atlantic and south-east results for how they do. I raced middle weight sportsman and lt.weight sportsman.there is a picture of it at www.2wheeljunkies.comfrom sept 7.lrt me know if I can help any ;D

Ripper

Can't get that www.2wheeljunkies.com to come up.What size tire are you using on the frt. and rear?Single or dual disc up frt.

I've try find info on the net for the fz600 but keep coming up short.

wera331

www.2wheeljunkie.com dual disc,120&160 usually but I've got slicks right now and they are goofy sized.I love it .

Ripper

were you running at summit this year? if so what kind of times you doing?

Ray

andy342

Which pic is yours?

Yep, the bike is legal for lightweight sportsman.  I was running a Seca (4cyl aircooled 600) last year before I got my SV.  Anyway, for this year I called Kevin Elliott about getting it legal for Lightweight since it (or I ) couldn't keep up with anyone in middleweight even down the straights.  

Ended up selling it.  But I think the FZ600 would be a neat bike to enter.  I had a Radian for a streetbike (almost the same) and that thing seemed plenty quick for what it was.

andy342

That said, I know where the old radian is sitting... maybe it could be resurrected.  How about race tires for 16" front and back wheels?

Ripper

Yo #334,you've got a picture of my van down in summit T1 on 5/26/02.That was my first race weekend.That's when we had the torrential rains and they cancelled the fusa races.

Ray