News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Summit Point Oct 11-12 Cancelled

Started by TiffineyIngram, September 15, 2004, 10:49:20 AM

TiffineyIngram

A press release from Ken Abbott:
"The Mid-Atlantic regional Championship Cup Series event presented by Lockhart Phillips USA originally scheduled at Summit Point Raceway's Shenandoah Circuit October 9-10, which includes a Lockhart Phillips Sport Rider Day on Octover 8, has been cancelled due to more construction delays with the new facility.  
After a track inspection on Monday by Kevin Elliott - Senior Director of Road Race Competitionfor, the new circuit at Summit Point (with it's SCCA mandated barrier placements), concluded that a few areas of the facility are not adequate for motorcycle racing at this time. In further conversations with Bill Scott, he has agreed to make improvements to insure the safety of motorcycle riders, but those improvements cannot be done before the October CCS date."

Linda will be doing all refunds in the next couple of days.  If you have questions about your refund, please contact her.

Due to this development, VIR is now double points, and we are extending the pre-entry deadline to tomorrow 9/16.

Thank you for your patience.

njracer1

Thanks for the info...

OTOH - for 2005 is CCS planning races on the new or the main track?  If planned on the main, will we get bumped unlike WERA onto the death trap?

Just asking....

eh427

If the new track is ready for cars, but not bikes, and SCCA is running on the main track, why couldn't we switch tracks with them? I am sure they wouldn't mind racing on a new track. I am always up for a chande. ???
Eric Helmbach
CCS #427
ASRA Team Challenge Overall #1
Chester Auto Repair Racing
Grease Monkey Racing

smoke

Something smells like fish to me!  I just talked to an SCCA board member and vintage car racer and he had never heard of a mandate to put in the "c" walls.  But he did say he was not goin gon that track any time soon since he likes to live.